News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Bad Behavior for SMF mod

Started by butchs, April 12, 2010, 05:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tabletsdroid

just a quick question...

Do I need to enable project honeypot for this mod to work correctly?
Are you Looking Forward To it?

butchs

The mod will work without it.  Adding project honeypot will improve results.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

tabletsdroid

great, thanks for the quick response. It seems to be working rather nicely as is at the moment, so won't bother with honeypot unless things change.
Are you Looking Forward To it?

butchs

I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

K33NY

Hello i posted ina the support forum and you told me that this was the right place.

I feel so seriosly stupid and noobed I have NO clue what to do now :S

You told me I had to manually uninstall the mod, I have no clue how to :S

I have the 1.4.7 version, and Im clueless how to manally uninstall, I dont want to crash the site again, now since the other guy in my clan is having is wife on hospital with theire baby coming I have no support from him

The last thing he told me was that I had to make the mod run in english and uninstall all the other language packages beckause the mod fails on a file, how do I do that or shall I just uninstall it manuall?

In that case how? :S when uninstalling it in the admin panel site crashed :S i dont want to fukk it up now :S

Please tell me how

K33NY

Please help me cus the mod made AEVA media fukk it up now now, so many errors poping up!!!!

butchs

The best prevention is to install a mod once.  You need admin/ FTP access to manually uninstall a mod.

I can not guarantee this but you can try the following (if you have SMF 1.1.x - 2.x will require more work):
Unzip the mod and copy everything that is in the Sources directory in the mod to the Sources directory in your server.  Then copy the compressed mod to your Packages folder on your server.

All should work.  Wait until your tech comes back from the honeymoon and try to uninstall the mod again via the package manager.

They you should be fine.  But whatever you do never install any mod twice!

Quote from: K33NY on May 31, 2011, 12:25:02 PM
The last thing he told me was that I had to make the mod run in english and uninstall all the other language packages beckause the mod fails on a file, how do I do that or shall I just uninstall it manual?

That is not true.  The mod will run in the language you set in the SMF admin panel.

K33NY

we are running SMF 2.0 RC5 and I have FTP access, shall I try what you told me or better to wait until he comes back?

Allso I wonder, should I uninstall all mods, for then to be sure i install them 100% correct again later?

I was thinking of doing this, I would rather spend hours installing mods properly than using hours installing wrong to having them make errors.....

butchs

If all is well wait.  If not then for SMF 2.0 copy the following files onto your server in the order they appear in package-info.xml.

If everything is working.  Wait for your tech returns he should be able to uninstall the second copy of BB in package manager.

the above is not a manual uninstall, it is more or less a workaround I developed when I double installed things on my test server when I was up too late programming.   :o

K33NY

ok then I will wait, I think, I want to learn this stuff myself but I dont know anyone to teach me, so I will ask him to uninstall all mods properly for me :)

butchs

K33NY

No I found this much easier then what we used before, but still bit much for me at once :P

butchs

Oh, I just read you other post.  You can not uninstall mods by simply deleting files.   Mods must be uninstalled via package manager.   If you reinstall the files you deleted, your site will work again.

butchs

FYI - If you use the honeypot link feature please note that you have to use the complete address.  ie http://www.yoursite.com/folder/honeypot.php

butchs

New version for the upcoming SMF 2.0 and past versions.

Additions are:
1.  Advanced automatic random Google safe scattered honeypot generates many different invisible spam traps on front page and warning page.  Currently this mod generates more types of spam traps than any other mod.  This makes the spam traps generated by this mod more effective.  Honey pots must be entered in the mod admin page as a complete link.  ie:  "http://community.smfhelper.info/honeypot.php".
2.  httpBL suspicious visitors are now logged as "Permitted Entries" when logging and HttpBL are enabled.
3.  Bug fixes and etc...

Kurogane

Butchs, can you give me sql query of install_db.php for fresh install? for some reason can't install it via smf or manually always get stuck in

No database selected
File: /home/user/public_html/forum/install_db.php
Line: 269

Edit: i see the entry is there in setting badbehavior_* and log_badbehavior_* but always give me the error

Database Error: No database selected
File: /home/user/public_html/forum/Sources/bad-behavior/BadBehavior-SMF.php

butchs

Odd.  Try adding the attached to your package.

EADIT:  removed for security reasons please PM author for a copy.

Kurogane

Same, here line BadBehavior-SMF.php problem.

function bb2_db_query($query) {
global $db_prefix; <-- Error here

if ((!isset($query)) || (empty($query))) return false;
$link = db_query($query, __FILE__, __LINE__);
if (!isset($link) || empty($link)) return false;
if ($link === true) {
$affected_rows = bb2_db_affected_rows();
if ($affected_rows >= 1) {
return true;
} else { return false; } 
} else {
$number_of_rows = mysql_num_rows($link);
if ($number_of_rows == '0') {
return false;
} }
$qresult = bb2_db_rows($link);
return $qresult;
}

butchs

Sounds like a host issue to me. The mod works fine on thousands of other sites.

djkimmel

I uninstalled and reinstalled the mod on my site and reduced the number of Database Error: No database selected errors. I used the version 1.5 I re-downloaded from SMF today.

I'm still getting this error whenever an IP is DENIED however. It seems to be working on my 1.1.14 forum (greatlakesbass.com/forum). I have the database tables and the errors are getting logged in log_badbehavior. I checked everything that I found in earlier posts in this thread. I already had httpBL and Stop Spammer installed.

5 of these errors in the last 1/2 hour. Here's the mods I have installed:
Mod Name Version
1. Tidy Child Boards 1.2 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2. Stop Spammer 2.3.9 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3. SMF 1.0.17 / 1.1.9 / 2.0 RC1 Update 1.0 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4. SMF 1.0.12 / 1.1.4 / 2.0 b1.1 Update 1.0 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5. SMF 1.0.21 / 1.1.13 Update 1.0 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6. Bad Behavior mod 1.5.0 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7. SMF 1.1.14 Update 1.0 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8. SMF 1.0.19 / 1.1.11 Update 1.0 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9. SMF Gallery Pro 3.0.21 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10. SMF 1.0.11 / 1.1.3 Update 1.1 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11. Anti-Spam Verification Questions 1.02 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13. SMF 1.0.13 / 1.1.5 / 2.0 b3.1 Update 1.0 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14. Bookmarks 2.3 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15. PaypalDonations 2.0 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16. httpBL 2.5.1 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17. SMF 1.0.14 / 1.1.6 Update 1.0 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
18. Simple Audio Video Embedder 2.0.1 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
19. SMF 1.0.16 / 1.1.8 Update 1.0 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
20. SMF 1.0.18 / 1.1.10 / 2.0 RC1-2 Update 1.0 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
21. SMF 1.0.15 / 1.1.7 Update 1.0 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
22. Addthis widget in first post 1.0 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
23. SMF 1.0.20 / 1.1.12 Update 1.0 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
24. ARIN URL Fix 0.1 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
25. SMF Gallery Pro Profile Link 1.1 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
26. SMF Gallery Pro SSI 2.1.1 [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Any more ideas on how to get rid of this error message? Thanks.

Advertisement: