In Line Attachments -- ILA

Started by Spuds, April 17, 2010, 06:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spuds

To see the attachments I had to join which I did but now it will not show me attachments unless I have 2 posts which I am not going to do ... so I have submitted the delete account request for the moderators to review .... as to the problem, don't know since I can't get to see links ...

Blade_Runner

Quote from: Spuds on December 18, 2010, 10:40:58 AM
To see the attachments I had to join which I did but now it will not show me attachments unless I have 2 posts which I am not going to do ... so I have submitted the delete account request for the moderators to review .... as to the problem, don't know since I can't get to see links ...

I am sorry about that. Had allowed your account to view attachments now.

Spuds

Humm I can see it now ... could you tell me what settings you have in your admin->forum->attachments for the following:

Display image attachments as pictures under post
Resize images when showing under posts
Maximum width of thumbnails
Maximum height of thumbnails

Spuds

Version 1.09 awaits in the download area ....

1.09 - 19 Dec 2010
o + added Danish Translation (thanks henrik1782)
o ! fixed undefined index error where javascript image code was not being set by smf
o ! fixed issue where you had to toggle the basic menu item on/off to get the full menu

Your settings prevent the creation of a thumbnail plus you have a max width/height set for images (admin->config->features options->layout set to 800 I think.  Anyway with these settings smf was not creating its JavaScript thumbnail on-click event since
a) no thumb,
b) image was already shrunk to fit so no action was needed on an image click ...

I look for that condition now and set the default javascript action so now it will open the image in a new window where you can zoom etc when its clicked.

Blade_Runner

Thanks for fixing it. There is no error message now. You are also right on the layout setting to 800.

There is a problem with this new 1.09 version. Toggling between the full menu is not working now.  :(

henrik1782

In regards to the full and basic menu I had the same problem in last version. I had to togle it a couple of times and then it worked.
My favorite mods: Forum Firewall, httBL, MessagePreviewOnHover, BoardHover Mod, VB Style Board Index, Separate Replies and Views Column, Realtime clock by Joker, ENotify, Topic Solved.

Spuds

Quote from: henrik1782 on December 19, 2010, 02:28:44 PM
In regards to the full and basic menu I had the same problem in last version. I had to toggle it a couple of times and then it worked.
Unfortunately this time I really fixed is so now even that is not working ...  thats right, I did not fix the problem and broke the work around  >:( good grief that menu selection just hates me!

I re uploaded a new 1.09 (sorry for the same name, uninstall, delete, re download, install), this should fix the problem, and if not at least the work around should work again .... on the positive side at least I know what and why its having that problem.

tesser

bring back 106 109 has gone to pot

Spuds

Quotebring back 106 109 has gone to pot
Do you have a useful report or comment or do you just like showing everyone that you are jerk  ;)

tesser

just voicing my opinion 109 dont install for me it shows the edits  but when  i go to the said file to edit  the code is not in it  but dont matter  i have gone back to an older  version

AND IT WORKS 

There is a saying

if it aint broke dont fix it  ;)

Spuds

Ah I see ....

My guess then is that you are running RC3?  v1.08+ are intended for RC4 only as RC4 forced updates due to post.template attachment changes.  But as long as you found something that worked that's cool .... If you want you can also take the ila-subs file from a newer package and use it on the older package, that file has not changed other then to clean up an occasional undefined index issue in the logs.

tesser

In fact i learned a lesson today by your mod not working for me.

i made a test site  on rc4 (as thats what i use) loaded my data base  and  bang your mod  kicked in  as soon as i installed error's everywhere

so upon investigating my data base i found 3 copies of 109 ?? strange as i allways back up and  unistall older version

so after a few hours (with no reading at all) i learned how to take my data base apart   and also how to drop tables  so smf wont work and how to add them back  infact i learned a whole bunch of stuff  while playing i now feel confident i can rip my database to bits and  add to it from a back  (mix n match) and it works.

So i guess i better say sorry as i now have 109 installed and working  but just work out why i had  3 copies of 109 installed but other than that its all good

Spuds

so after a few hours (with no reading at all) i learned how to take my data base apart   and also how to drop tables  so smf wont work and how to add them back  infact i learned a whole bunch of stuff  while playing i now feel confident i can rip my database to bits and  add to it from a back  (mix n match) and it works.
Thats good knowledge to gain, lots of things can go boom in the database that are often easy to fix if you are willing to go in to the phpmyadmin or whatever front end you use and make the changes.  Of course caution my also be observed ;)
So i guess i better say sorry as i now have 109 installed and working  but just work out why i had  3 copies of 109 installed but other than that its all good
I'm glad it all worked out!  Interesting you were on RC4, my next guess would have been a custom theme with a custom post.template file, seen that before as well.  In this case I can't say why what occurred did occur.  I always install and uninstall a package before I upload to make sure it does both cleanly on my test forum.

The package manager in SMF while good has let me down on occasion where it said it uninstalled (no errors) but it did not and the same for install where it said successful but only a handful of the changes did install.  Generally its a directory / files permission issue, other times some servers just don't like when you "unzip" a directory structure, of course it does not tell you until you go to use your site and get a bunch of errors.

In any case sounds like everything is  8)

Blade_Runner

Quote from: Spuds on December 19, 2010, 02:35:22 PM
Quote from: henrik1782 on December 19, 2010, 02:28:44 PM
In regards to the full and basic menu I had the same problem in last version. I had to toggle it a couple of times and then it worked.
Unfortunately this time I really fixed is so now even that is not working ...  thats right, I did not fix the problem and broke the work around  >:( good grief that menu selection just hates me!

I re uploaded a new 1.09 (sorry for the same name, uninstall, delete, re download, install), this should fix the problem, and if not at least the work around should work again .... on the positive side at least I know what and why its having that problem.

Your mod is working perfectly now. Thanks for your contribution! YOU ROCK!!!

Blade_Runner

I am having some error message and tried to reinstall this mod. After uninstalling, I couldn't reinstall. I got the following message. How can I fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

-------------------------------
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/xxx/public_html/modcarclub.com/forums/Sources/ILA-Subs.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/xxx/public_html/modcarclub.com/forums/Sources/Subs.php on line 939

Spuds

Sounds like it did not uninstall 100% correctly and it is still looking for the ILA-Subs.php file which should be in your Sources directory. 

Open up the package and copy the ILA-Subs.php  file to your Sources directory and the error will go away (well that one at least).

You will have to go file by file (use the package parser on the modification page) and remove the ILA items that the package manger did not remove before you try to reinstall.

Blade_Runner

I have reinstalled it and checked every files for the codes. I am still getting the following errors. It appears after I had added customized message icons to my forum. No need to log in to view attachments.

-----------------------------------
http://modcarclub.com/forums/index.php?/topic,840.0.html
8: Undefined index: real_height
File: /home/xxx/public_html/modcarclub.com/forums/Sources/ILA-Subs.php
Line: 389

http://modcarclub.com/forums/index.php?/topic,840.0.html
8: Undefined index: real_width

http://modcarclub.com/forums/index.php?type=rss2;action=.xml;limit=5000
8: Undefined index: real_height

http://modcarclub.com/forums/index.php?type=rss2;action=.xml;limit=5000
8: Undefined index: real_width

mkress

@Blade_Runner
I have exactly the same errors on a new installation of this mod.

But although a great mod!!!

henrik1782

Hi Spuds...

Have you any plans to support TIFF image format.

Best regards
My favorite mods: Forum Firewall, httBL, MessagePreviewOnHover, BoardHover Mod, VB Style Board Index, Separate Replies and Views Column, Realtime clock by Joker, ENotify, Topic Solved.

Advertisement: