News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

View Topic Permissions

Started by hadesflames, April 17, 2010, 12:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slug1

Anyone at all get this to work properly in v2.0?
Slug1--out

~My blessings are as many as the miles I marched all these years~

Grosraisin

Hi,
I will put you in the attachment function in SMF 2.0 mods.

Too bad it lacks certainne option.

Thank you to the author of the mods malgas that his support is finished.

Edite: Suppression du mod :/

SMF / Le Partage et l'Entraide
SMF / Sharing and Caring

Mes modifications de Mods / Templates

ahruncev

Quote from: Grosraisin on September 13, 2011, 05:10:28 PM
Hi,
I will put you in the attachment function in SMF 2.0 mods.

Too bad it lacks certainne option.

Thank you to the author of the mods malgas that his support is finished.

Thanks for the Attachment. I have installed the mod which worked okay. When using this mod under the permissions there is the 2 spaces to tick the boxes for the mod but there is no text associated with those boxes. I assumed they were for the Mod.

Anyone else had this issue, or is there a fix for this?

Grosraisin

Sorry for the inconvenience there had the French language to implement the mod is for her that you do voyer with the comment.

Here is the correct version.

Edite: Suppression du mod :/

SMF / Le Partage et l'Entraide
SMF / Sharing and Caring

Mes modifications de Mods / Templates

drguild

Great mod we are using it on a forum for admin/mod chats to players on our game server.

One guy asked if we can only show there posts in the forum and not list ones from other players fo we can have more privacy with the threads.

I dunno if this can be done by anyone.

We also found a bug.

QuoteFound a bug.

When viewing all the posts of a particular user, you can see their posts that have been made inside the Staff Chat forum.

rousseauxy

I'm also trying to achieve that, think I found the where, now I just need to adapt the how, not sure if hadeflames or any1 else can assyst with this?

I think it's just a matter of adjusting the query that grabs the appropriate topic information (in MessageIndex.php)

domilolo

Tested on smf 2.0.5 and work perfect  ;)
only a small difference : in Printpage.php
find
// Split the topics up so we can print them.
$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT subject, poster_time, body, IFNULL(mem.real_name, poster_name) AS poster_name
FROM {db_prefix}messages AS m
LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}members AS mem ON (mem.id_member = m.id_member)
WHERE m.id_topic = {int:current_topic}' . ($modSettings['postmod_active'] && !allowedTo('approve_posts') ? '
AND (m.approved = {int:is_approved}' . ($user_info['is_guest'] ? '' : ' OR m.id_member = {int:current_member}') . ')' : '') . '
ORDER BY m.id_msg',
array(
'current_topic' => $topic,
'is_approved' => 1,
'current_member' => $user_info['id'],
)
);

remplace by :
// Split the topics up so we can print them.
$request = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT b.id_board, m2.id_member AS id_first_member, m.subject, m.poster_time, m.body, IFNULL(mem.real_name, m.poster_name) AS poster_name
FROM {db_prefix}messages AS m
INNER JOIN {db_prefix}topics AS t ON (t.id_topic = m.id_topic)
INNER JOIN {db_prefix}messages AS m2 ON (m2.id_msg = t.id_first_msg)
INNER JOIN {db_prefix}boards AS b ON (b.id_board = t.id_board)
LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}members AS mem ON (mem.id_member = m.id_member)
WHERE m.id_topic = {int:current_topic}' . ($modSettings['postmod_active'] && !allowedTo('approve_posts') ? '
AND (m.approved = {int:is_approved}' . ($user_info['is_guest'] ? '' : ' OR m.id_member = {int:current_member}') . ')' : '') . '
ORDER BY m.id_msg',
array(
'current_topic' => $topic,
'is_approved' => 1,
'current_member' => $user_info['id'],
)
);

Lilariel

Can confirm what domilolo posted, that fix works!

I have updated and attached a .zip with a working version of this mod by implementing his fix, tested and confirmed to be working in 2.0.9 and I have yet to encounter any breaking bugs. Only problem is that while you cannot open topics where you are not allowed to, the topics will still display in the boards list. Not ideal, but it's better than nothing.

You will need to emulate the installation for 2.0 RC3, and it should install quite nicely - at least it worked without a hitch for me!

Lilariel

Nevermind, don't use that, found a dealbreaker. Works almost perfectly, but breaks whenever you try to go to page 2 on any forum section. Probably a relatively easy fix, but I cba trying to hack away at it.

Reywind

Does anyone know of a mod like this that works for v2.0.9? I would LOVE to have this feature, and I've been searching for over an hour trying to find one that works with 2.0.9 and haven't been very successful.

My forum is for an online game guild website, and I have a board where potential members can post an application, as a new topic in the board. But I want to set this board so that if someone posts a new topic, only guild members and the original poster can see it - guests and registered users cannot.

hadesflames

Quote from: Reywind on April 12, 2015, 09:51:44 AM
Does anyone know of a mod like this that works for v2.0.9? I would LOVE to have this feature, and I've been searching for over an hour trying to find one that works with 2.0.9 and haven't been very successful.

My forum is for an online game guild website, and I have a board where potential members can post an application, as a new topic in the board. But I want to set this board so that if someone posts a new topic, only guild members and the original poster can see it - guests and registered users cannot.

This mod isn't really necessary. That's why I archived it years ago. You can emulate this functionality with 2.0 out of the box, no mods necessary. Just define a custom permission profile for the board you want people to post applications to. In the permission profile, set it so that no one can post topic without requiring approval, unless they're in the guild members membergroup. Set the guild members membergroup to be able to approve posts in that board. Now, every topic/post posted in that board will require to be approved before it gets posted, and only the topic starter and guild members will be able to see that topic/posts. Just make sure no one ever approves a post. There you go.

Advertisement: