News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Simple ImageShack (latest release: v3.1.3)

Started by Rik©, June 03, 2005, 02:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aw06

Copyright was pointing to a dead site for years .. and now it's pointing to a site unrelated. . i know and value the issue at hand .. but as i said. when i did this the theme was no where here .. i never even know somebody took it over, and you know for a fact they got permission to take it over ?

Rik ... hows it going ... we derailing your topic .. lol
:: ShopinJA.com Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | Ig-Oh Theme by Koni | 70 Rock Solid Error Free Mods | Many Custom Edits & Tweaks ::
- Host Unlimited Websites - Free Website Builder & Templates - Unlimited Disk Space & Bandwidth

Sakae

*sigh*

Rik, I'm using version 3.1.2 of your MOD on my SMF RC3 with BWJM fixes. Should I update or shoult I let it untouched?
http://www.tigrelog.com.br
l: simple p: machines

Rik©

Quote from: Sakae on May 20, 2010, 04:20:22 PM
*sigh*

Rik, I'm using version 3.1.2 of your MOD on my SMF RC3 with BWJM fixes. Should I update or shoult I let it untouched?
If you can upload png/bmp images you don't need to update.
Why fix it if it's not broken  ;)

- Rik©

amcapt89

Hello Rik,

still I get the error "Simple ImageShack  Oops, something went wrong
(XML return failed)

Click here to try again "

No matter how many times I click on it, it won't work; the funny this is that the tool didn't work  for about a week, then yesterday, was working OK, and today it went wrong again.

Another strange thing is that the MOD works for ceratin users and for others does not work, and they have the same error of me.

Any idea on how to solve the issue :-)

Many thanks for your help!  ;)

amcapt89

vroum

Hey Rik©, i've been hacking around  trying to trick your mod by uploading a png renamed to gif and it worked the upload wes successful and the image is reconized as a png...here's the XML return displayed by your mod:
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3209/callofembeddedfunction.png  http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3209/callofembeddedfunction.th.png  http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=callofembeddedfunction.png  yes  0  0.0  img17/3209/callofembeddedfunction.png  img17/3209/callofembeddedfunction.th.png  img17  callofembeddedfunction.png  http://img17.imageshack.us/content.php?page=done&l=img17/3209/callofembeddedfunction.png  600x425  134782  r

Wierd, the png file I uploaded was named "call-of-embedded-function.gif", & in the XML it is "call-of-embedded-function.png" ??? the thumbnail has PNG on it & when I click on the thumbnail it opens(redownload it from imageshack) as a png ???

I've attached a screenshot to clarify.

PS: this was done on the "SIS Vroum" version that has an additional echo to displayXML.

Regards,
Vroum.

Rik©

Vroum, many thanks!
Just tested it myself with a .png
This means i can make a fix for the 'FileType' error for everyone, not only for those who have the latest Curl version!

-Rik©

update: (alpha) transparency works!
... also works with .bmp, but it's converted to .png

Rik©

Quote from: amcapt89 on May 21, 2010, 02:20:32 PM
Hello Rik,

still I get the error "Simple ImageShack  Oops, something went wrong
(XML return failed)

Click here to try again "

No matter how many times I click on it, it won't work; the funny this is that the tool didn't work  for about a week, then yesterday, was working OK, and today it went wrong again.

Another strange thing is that the MOD works for ceratin users and for others does not work, and they have the same error of me.

Any idea on how to solve the issue :-)

Many thanks for your help!  ;)

amcapt89
Try the 'Vroum/debug' edition and check what data is returned.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=37683.msg2621518#msg2621518

-Rik©

vroum

Quote from: Rik© on May 24, 2010, 04:55:00 AM
Vroum, many thanks!
Just tested it myself with a .png
This means i can make a fix for the 'FileType' error for everyone, not only for those who have the latest Curl version!

-Rik©

update: (alpha) transparency works!
... also works with .bmp, but it's converted to .png

You're welcome, it was a pleasure  :)
Waiting for the official fix...
Thanks for your mod !
Vroum.

Rik©

SISv3.0.5 has been released!
This release fixes the 'FileType error' bug and works with ALL cURL versions  :D
Also made some other changes which can be found in the changelog @ the download page.

Soon (hopefully tomorrow) i will also release SISv3.1.3 with the fix for SMF 2.0.RC3.

-Rik©

vroum

That's great !!! the png upload works fine but i'll have to test it on my non working server to see if the cURL problem is fixed.

Thanks for the fast update ;)
Vroum.

Rik©

Quote from: vroum on May 25, 2010, 11:11:04 PM
That's great !!! the png upload works fine but i'll have to test it on my non working server to see if the cURL problem is fixed.

Thanks for the fast update ;)
Vroum.
I included the 'vroum-editon' feature (display returned error info) for easier debugging.

-Rik©

ps i will also release special 'cURL 7.20.0' versions with BWJM's fix for those who have the latest cURL installed.

winky100

How does this work?

As the owner of the forum I get an account at image shack and any user can store images at image shack using my account? Is that how it works? Does imageshack charge me for that? Is there any limit on how many images can be saved at imageshack?

Thanks

vroum

Well, it still isn't working on the non working server & here's the returned message "Wrong file type detected for file avatar175_1.gif:application/octet-stream"

It'd be better to be able to choose weather to show or hide the "Classic upload" link & even better if everything was working fine & preventing that link from showing up :P

Waiting for the next official fix ;)

Thanks !
Vroum.

Rik©

Quote from: vroum on May 26, 2010, 03:52:27 PM
Well, it still isn't working on the non working server & here's the returned message "Wrong file type detected for file avatar175_1.gif:application/octet-stream"

It'd be better to be able to choose weather to show or hide the "Classic upload" link & even better if everything was working fine & preventing that link from showing up :P

Waiting for the next official fix ;)

Thanks !
Vroum.
Here's how to remove the 'classic upload' link...
Open SISxmlapi.php
Search and remove the next code(line 152)
<br /><br /><a href="SISform2.php"><small>classic upload</small></a>

If possible you could (ask your host) to update php/cURL and see if BWJM's fix works.

-Rik©

Rik©

Quote from: winky100 on May 26, 2010, 11:24:08 AM
How does this work?

As the owner of the forum I get an account at image shack and any user can store images at image shack using my account?
You don't need an ImageShack.us account, but you won't be able to track the uploaded images.

QuoteDoes imageshack charge me for that?
No, ImageShack's Image Hosting services and registration are free.
But you can also upgrade your account if you want to be able to upload 10 mb files(paid) instead of 5mb (free).

QuoteIs there any limit on how many images can be saved at imageshack?

Thanks
'You can upload as many files as you want, as long as each one adheres to the ImageShack.us Terms of Service.'

-Rik©

vroum

Quote from: Rik©
Here's how to remove the 'classic upload' link...
Open SISxmlapi.php
Search and remove the next code(line 152)
<br /><br /><a href="SISform2.php"><small>classic upload</small></a>

Thanks for the info !

If possible you could (ask your host) to update php/cURL and see if BWJM's fix works.

-Rik©

For now I'm on a free host  ::) so as I don't want to push too much by asking for Service 8) php/cURL upgrade isn't an option, I'll have to consider BWJM's fix, hoping it to work.

BTW, why didn't you include BWJM's fix in the official release ?

Thanks !
Vroum.

Rik©

QuoteBTW, why didn't you include BWJM's fix in the official release ?
Because it will only fix the error if cURL 7.20.0 is installed.
I'll release a special edition for it later.

-Rik©

Rik©

Simple ImageShack v3.1.3 is released!

This release fixes the 'FileType error' bug and works with ALL cURL versions  :D
Also made some other changes which can be found in the changelog @ the download page.

-Rik©
ps Soon a special edition will be released for those who have cURL v7.20.0

winky100

If I dont need an account then something must not be right.

When I make a post with an attachment I am expecting to see your imageshack mod but I dont see it anywhere. When I go to the admin panel I see I dont have a imageshack registration code. So I am thinking that your mod wont work until I register with image shack. If this is not true, why am I not seeing your imageshack modifications when I post an image attachement?

Its not working for me on 2.0RC3. 35 pages of posts in this thread is too much to wade through to figure out what is wrong.

I installed it. It installed fine. It says its enabled but I dont get anything when i post or reply.

Rik©

Quote from: winky100 on May 27, 2010, 12:48:49 PM
If I dont need an account then something must not be right.

When I make a post with an attachment I am expecting to see your imageshack mod but I dont see it anywhere. When I go to the admin panel I see I dont have a imageshack registration code. So I am thinking that your mod wont work until I register with image shack. If this is not true, why am I not seeing your imageshack modifications when I post an image attachement?

Its not working for me on 2.0RC3. 35 pages of posts in this thread is too much to wade through to figure out what is wrong.

I installed it. It installed fine. It says its enabled but I dont get anything when i post or reply.

Which theme do you use?
Does it have it's own post.template.php file?
Any errors in the forum or server log?

-Rik©

Advertisement: