News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Seniors please help my forum spoiled after upgrading to RC3

Started by yourdailysaver, May 04, 2010, 02:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yourdailysaver

Hello seniors,

i ahve upgraded from rc2 to rc 3 and now my all mods are stopped working i am not even able to delete them when i try to delete them it shows me following error,

Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

and when i try to reinstall it it says you have version of this file available.

my forum is totally spoiled if somebody can help me i am ready to give him my admin id and password.

CapadY

It's quite normal all your MOD's are gone after an upgrade. Thats the reason you're advised to remove your MOD's before upgrading.

To solve the session problems you can start to empty the session table.
After that you can empty your forum cache.

After that delete all packages out of the package directory, after that you will be able to reinstall your MOD's

I think the most problems you have are solved after that.

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Jakob Fel

And I'll add something to that. I don't think anyone wants rewards for their work here. We like helping people with their problems, just because we are trying to do good deeds. Plus, it isn't wise to give admin status to just anyone.
Freelance writer and advocate for security, privacy & DRM-free distribution
Support and Community Management at SMFNew Free Forum Hosting

yourdailysaver

Quote from: capady on May 04, 2010, 03:04:19 PM
It's quite normal all your MOD's are gone after an upgrade. Thats the reason you're advised to remove your MOD's before upgrading.

To solve the session problems you can start to empty the session table.
After that you can empty your forum cache.

After that delete all packages out of the package directory, after that you will be able to reinstall your MOD's

I think the most problems you have are solved after that.

thank you sir will try to do as stated.

yourdailysaver

sir i have tried that but its still saying that you have this mod installed first remove that or find upgrade for that mod.

CapadY

Quote from: Jake F. on May 04, 2010, 03:15:40 PM
And I'll add something to that. I don't think anyone wants rewards for their work here. We like helping people with their problems, just because we are trying to do good deeds.

I realy don't understand what you want to say with this. Can you explain some more ?
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

yourdailysaver

i am trying to install pretty urls mode and it gives me big erro seen in image attached in this post

Jakob Fel

Quote from: capady on May 04, 2010, 03:53:04 PM
Quote from: Jake F. on May 04, 2010, 03:15:40 PM
And I'll add something to that. I don't think anyone wants rewards for their work here. We like helping people with their problems, just because we are trying to do good deeds.

I realy don't understand what you want to say with this. Can you explain some more ?

He said this:

Quotemy forum is totally spoiled if somebody can help me i am ready to give him my admin id and password.

That's why I said that.

Freelance writer and advocate for security, privacy & DRM-free distribution
Support and Community Management at SMFNew Free Forum Hosting

Advertisement: