News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[BBCode] Twitter

Started by Suki, May 16, 2010, 05:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suki

The only thing I can think of is the regex in the jquery plugin that fails to recognize the url format.

I'll have to check it, the plugin is old and there is always the chance that twitter may have modified it's urls.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Timshel

I would appreciate that!

Cheers!

teos55

SMF 2.0.2  Simple portal 2.3.4   default theme

Installed the mod with success.

Created a Bbc Block and coded ..

[twitacc]@accountname[/twitacc]

The output is only the text  "@accountname"  not teh executed one .

What am I doing wrong ? Is it simple portal issue ? or something else ?

Timshel

I'm with the same issue.

I told Suki and he said that he will check it as you can see two posts above.

Looking forward to the fix because it's a really cool mod ;)

Edit:

I re-read your post and is not the same stuff. It should work, at least in my forum works like that. I have problems with the tweet bbcode.

Suki

I'm not a he.

@teos55 url to your forum?

as for the fix, it really depends on the account, on some accounts the mod works fine, on some others don't, if I modify the regex them I will break more things rather than fix them.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Suki

@teos55 don't pm me and I'm actually need an url to a topic where the mod is been use.

teos55

Dera Suki,

I dont want the url to go public, that was the reason I pm'd you the url.

Actually it is a bbc block from simple portal where I code [twitpic] ....

Suki

I see no BBC block...  I need to see the code/block in order to help you...

There is not [twitpic]  tag, the only tags are:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/#!/MissAllSuki/status/155374727416909828[/tweet]
[twitacc]@MissAllSuki[/twitacc]
[hashtag]#SMF[/hashtag]

teos55

Sorry for the typo,  it is [twitacc] ...

Here is what is typed in the bbc block of Simple Portal ..

[twitacc]teos55[/twitacc]

Suki

it must be

[twitacc]@teos55[/twitacc]

teos55

Corrected to :

[twitacc]@teos55[/twitacc]

but the result is the same, only  text  @teos55 is the output not result of it ...

Suki

I still need to see an example live in your forum...

teos55

Suki

I don't need an image.

I can't help you if you cannot provide me with a link to your site, a link to a topic where I can see the mod working live.

Does the mod works in the topics and messages?

teos55

Suki,

My site is www.karavanturk.org    simple portal is the front page.

"Does the mod works in the topics and messages?"   NO ..

Same as bbc block , only the text is typed back.   

link  to topic :  http://karavanturk.org/index.php/topic,1592.0.html

Suki

Guest cannot see that topic and in your front page I cannot see any bbc block...

I don't see any of the code from this mod in your source page, make sure you installed correctly the mod.

Make sure other mods do not re-write $context['html_headers'] var as this mod depends on that var.

You can also place this code before the </head> tag in your index.template.php:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'. $settings['default_theme_url'] .'/tweet/tweetGrab.screen.css" />
<script type="text/javascript">
!window.jQuery && document.write(unescape(\'%3Cscript src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery.min.js"%3E%3C/script%3E\'))
</script>
<script src="'. $settings['default_theme_url'] .'/tweet/jquery.tweetGrab.pack.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function()
{
jQuery(\'.tweetGrab\').tweetGrab({
width:\'500px\',
center: true
});

jQuery(\'#tweetme\').tweetGrab({
tweetCount:\'5\',
});

jQuery(\'#tweethash\').tweetGrab({
tweetCount:\'3\',
});
});
</script>

teos55

Before modifiying  index.template.php,

did the following ...

uninstalled Global Headers and Footers mod.

tested ..  result negative

Uninstalled bbc twitter  and reinstalled ..  no err msg ...

created test user   "garip"  with the pwd "T1estuser"  for you ..

Can you pls have a check with the test user, then I can try to modify the  index.template.php

Allt he best 

Suki

Is that mod the only one you have installed?   as far as I know, that mod doesn't use $context['html_headers']  so installing/uninstalling it will achieve nothing.

teos55

I have several other mods installed and dont know which one uses that var. Searched through the mods site for the string but
couldnt come up with a clue.
Can you pls login with the test user to my site and check what is wrong ?
All the best

Suki

I don't need to log in, the mod settings aren't been displayed, that means  $context['html_headers'] isn't working properly, mostly because some other mod author used that var but instead of append their content like they should:

$context['html_headers'] .= 'code here';

they overwrite the entire var:

$context['html_headers'] = 'this will replace everything that was placed before';

it will be more easy ig you just appean the code I gave you directly to your theme's index.template.php

Advertisement: