News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Reply to all in PM's

Started by Douglas, April 14, 2004, 11:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kriskd

Thanks!  That worked great on my RC2 forum!  Will have to attempt it on my RC3 forum.
SMF 2.0.2

kriskd

Ugh... I'm not getting this to work on my RC3 forum because I can't find the exact text to replace.  How much has PersonalMessage.template.php changed in this version?  I ask because I can not even find $txt[145] or $txt[146] when I search through the template file.
SMF 2.0.2

jacortina

No, you won't find those exact strings. Look at the message above. They are referred to only by the number in the lines which create the buttons.

Search for:

$quote_button = create_button('quote.gif', 145, 'smf240', 'align="middle"');
$reply_button = create_button('im_reply.gif', 146, 146, 'align="middle"');

kriskd

Thanks for your patience with my jacortina....

Upon further investigation, I do have the following in place as noted in Reply #37.

// Were than more than one recipient you can reply to? (Only in the "button style", or text)
if ($message['number_recipients'] > 1 && (!empty($settings['use_buttons']) || !$settings['use_image_buttons']))
echo '
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=pm;sa=send;f=', $context['folder'], $context['current_label_id'] != -1 ? ';l=' . $context['current_label_id'] : '', ';pmsg=', $message['id'], ';quote;u=all">', $reply_all_button, '</a>', $context['menu_separator'];
echo '
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=pm;sa=send;f=', $context['folder'], $context['current_label_id'] != -1 ? ';l=' . $context['current_label_id'] : '', ';pmsg=', $message['id'], ';quote;u=', $context['folder'] == 'outbox' ? '' : $message['member']['id'], '">', $quote_button, '</a>', $context['menu_separator'], '
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=pm;sa=send;f=', $context['folder'], $context['current_label_id'] != -1 ? ';l=' . $context['current_label_id'] : '', ';pmsg=', $message['id'], ';u=', $message['member']['id'], '">', $reply_button, '</a> ', $context['menu_separator'];

You indicated that if that is in place, it should work and maybe I don't have a button placed correctly?  But, I do have my button image (im_reply_all.gif) in the images/english folder of my template.

I also have these lines:

$quote_button = create_button('quote.gif', 145, 'smf240', 'align="middle"');
$reply_button = create_button('im_reply.gif', 146, 146, 'align="middle"');
$reply_all_button = create_button('im_reply_all.gif', 'reply_to_all', 'reply_to_all', 'align="middle"');
$forward_button = create_button('quote.gif', 145, 145, 'align="middle"');
$delete_button = create_button('delete.gif', 154, 31, 'align="middle"');

Any other thoughts?
SMF 2.0.2

jacortina

Right. And it was something in your settings (or combination of settings) which was making it avoid that 'if':

if ($message['number_recipients'] > 1 && (!empty($settings['use_buttons']) || !$settings['use_image_buttons']))

We worked around that by ignoring the settings and ONLY checking for multiple recipients:
// if ($message['number_recipients'] > 1 && (!empty($settings['use_buttons']) || !$settings['use_image_buttons']))
if ($message['number_recipients'] > 1)

kriskd

Thanks again, jacortina, it works like a dream!  Maybe one of these days I'll figure out how to pull this all together myself without having to be hand held through every step!
SMF 2.0.2

Janet

I'm sorry for sounding ignorant but I've been struggling with the tips posted above for like an hour and I still can't find the PersonalMessage.template.php. I use 1.1 RC3 and the Babylon theme. You say I have to look in the "default" folder but (shame, shame) I don't know where to find that! I know how the templates work and how to edit them (I changed the layout of the forum myself YAY!) but this is new to me. I would really REALLY love this function on my board -- would someone be kind enough to help me please?  :-[

jacortina

It should be in <forum>/Themes/default/

Unless you have one in <forum>/Themes/Babylon/

Janet

I feel oh so stupid but I can't access the default template. Could someone make me a screenshot please so I know where to look? I can't find it and if I can't stand anything it's when I can't solve a problem. Please? I'm fairly new to this but I really want to learn  :-[

Advertisement: