Advertisement:
GCWebhosting

Author Topic: Enhancements to reattribute posts  (Read 41571 times)

Offline SMiFFER

Re: Enhancements to reattribute posts
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2017, 04:41:35 PM »
Not very intuitive... yes! This area is used only by administrators: these are "advanced users".

Hehehe, that of course is very true !!
QUOTE OF Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen: "That version is old enough to go to school itself."

Offline davidhs

• Sophist Member
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2017, 11:58:28 AM »
Compatible with SMF 2.0.14 and 2.0.15.

Offline davidhs

• Sophist Member
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2017, 08:01:15 AM »
Also, I assume that if I delete the unnecessary account, all the PM's and profile information will be lost. Is that correct? Profile information is unimportant, and can easily be re-entered. But PM's cannot be preserved in any simply way. Maybe it's possible to reattribute PM's too?
About this... Private messagues are PRIVATE. I can not attribute to another account. Sorry.
Systen administrator can access to database and do this manually.

New version:
Code: [Select]
1.5.9   2017-12-19
------------------
+ SMF compatibility: 2.0.12-2.0.15 and 2.1 Beta 1 to Beta 3.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 08:17:04 AM by davidhs »

Offline aegersz

• SMF Hero
  • "mods" junkie
    • dopetalk
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2018, 09:29:51 PM »
This is not working for me but maybe i misunderstand what it should do ?

I have username "oldguy" with a few posts but need to rename (not just displayed name) them to "newguy" and reattribute all of oldguy's posts to newguy (essentially a name change) but i have 2 problems:

1. Reassign posts made by registered member/s to another member checkbox is "greyed out" and even if i fiddle it by typing x and 0 in 2 fields above it then i can now tick the checkbox (and later remove x and 0)

2. It doesn't work either way and i have no errors, it says that it worked but all of oldguy's posts are still there and newguy's are empty.

any idea where i am going wrong ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 145 mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum)

Offline lurkalot

• Sophist Member
  • Tinyportal Support
    • guitaristguild on Facebook
    • Tinyportal on GitHub
    • @GuitaristGuild on Twitter
    • Guitarist Guild
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2018, 02:14:40 AM »
This is not working for me but maybe i misunderstand what it should do ?

I have username "oldguy" with a few posts but need to rename (not just displayed name) them to "newguy" and reattribute all of oldguy's posts to newguy (essentially a name change) but i have 2 problems:

1. Reassign posts made by registered member/s to another member checkbox is "greyed out" and even if i fiddle it by typing x and 0 in 2 fields above it then i can now tick the checkbox (and later remove x and 0)

2. It doesn't work either way and i have no errors, it says that it worked but all of oldguy's posts are still there and newguy's are empty.

any idea where i am going wrong ?

Why not just change their username.  In Modify Profile > Account Settings.  Directly under where it says Username there's a link that says change.  It will show you a warning, "To change this member's username, the forum must also reset their password, which will be emailed to the member with their new username."

Offline aegersz

• SMF Hero
  • "mods" junkie
    • dopetalk
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2018, 04:06:36 AM »
hey, so it does.

i never noticed that before.

mission accomplished ! thank you for your time.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 145 mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum)

Offline davidhs

• Sophist Member
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2018, 06:40:06 AM »
Yes, in your case is best renaming the user.

About your question (reattribute all posts from user oldguy to user newguy), you must fill these fields:
- Attribute guest posts made with: (*) Username of [oldguy]
- Attribute posts based on time: Date [1980-01-01] (You want reattribute all posts, I suppose this date is enought low!)
- Attribute registered member post: [X] (before check this you must enter a date)
- Attribute posts to member: [newguy]

Offline aegersz

• SMF Hero
  • "mods" junkie
    • dopetalk
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2018, 07:43:55 PM »
i see. thanks as it wasn't obvious to me.

the mod will still come in handy even though i was helped get around my problem.

Offline davidhs

• Sophist Member
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2019, 12:18:41 PM »
New version:
Code: [Select]
1.5.10  2019-04-09
------------------
! SMF 2.1.x: Use HTML 5.
+ SMF compatibility: 2.1 RC1 to RC2.
! SMF 2.1.x: Languages: Only UTF-8 languages are used.
! Languages: Some language string in english, english-utf8, english_british, english_british-utf8, french, french-utf8.
+ Languages: portuguese_brazilian, portuguese_brazilian-utf8, portuguese_pt, portuguese_pt-utf8, thanks to Americano.