[Solved] Problem upgrading from SMF 1.1.2 to 1.1.11

Started by HRM, June 08, 2010, 09:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HRM

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade from SMF version 1.1.2. to 1.1.11

I'm doing this on a separate folder I made to test so that the life version keeps working.

I have used the FULL upgrade version as it said it could be used from any lower version.
I copied all the files manually to my host, also language files.

When I hit upgrade.php I get the following error:

Updating indexes and data on "smileys"... Unsuccessful!

This query:
ALTER TABLE yabbse_smileys
ORDER BY LENGTH(code) DESC;
Caused the error:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LENGTH(code) DESC' at line 2

Further it gives the "Try Again" button and nothing more.

The old forum instal with same databse is still running smoothly.

Also when I try to import the old database it gives an error in PhpMyAdmin, no matter if the database is downloaded with the forums function or exporting from phpMyadmin.

By the way, the test i'm running i'm doing on the original database but that one is also backupped with the upgraders backup function.

If more info is requiered I'll be pleased to provide it.

Can anybody help with some advise or wisdom please.

Thanks in advance.
Ed.
To install something for the cat's 'cut' is never nice..... (old dutch saying) :D

sawz

keep smiling, they'll always wonder what your up too.....

Antechinus

Yup, that's caused by older versions of MySQL that some hosts run. Extract this zip and load the files to overwrite the ones from the upgrade zip.

ETA: Sawz, I answered this one so often that I just made a zip with pre-edited files for teh newbies. ;)

HRM

Thanks both of you guys for the quick reply!
Gonna get to work right away!  ;D
To install something for the cat's 'cut' is never nice..... (old dutch saying) :D

HRM

The upgrade installation worked guys. Thanks a lot.
But had to do the changes on the upgrade_1-1.sql file manually cause by uploading the attached file didn't work.

I only have some little layout issue on my custom layout  but thats probably some stylesheet issue. :D
http://www.muziek4um.nl/testforumupdate/

Advertisement: