News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Installed package killed my forum :P

Started by LadyL, June 23, 2010, 10:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyL

I installed this mod:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1810

A few secconds after the succesfull instalation my forum gave an errormessage and I can't get it back up since. I've allready searched simplemachines.org for a solution but I couldn't find something that was usefull (or didn't understand what was written correctly perhaps because my problem is still unsolved) I tried some stuff (dunno if that was smart, maybe I should have sent this message before) but couldn't solve the problem, the error message did change though.

Here's what I did:
First of all I took the backup File (2010-06-23_before_AdminNotes_0) and I went to the main directory of the forum inside my ftp, there I pasted al the files in there and had them overwrite the old ones (that is: the old ones with the same name)

When that didn't work I took the index.php~ and the  SSI.php~ files and used those to replace the original ones.

When that didn't help I again put the SSI.php and the index.php from the backup in there. Then I used repair-settings because I had changed my database-pass in the meanwhile (trying to get on phpMyAdmin, which eventually succeded but I didn't understand how to use it so I didn't do anything there).

The next error-message I found was that there was a parse error in line 10 of my '/forum/Themes/default/languages/modifications.dutch.php, and I also saw a /forum/Themes/default/languages/modifications.dutch.php~ so I used that to overwrite the normal one, I also overwrote the other languages there that had a php~file.

Then I got this error-message:
QuoteTemplate Parse Error!
It seems something has gone sour on the forum with the template system. This problem should only be temporary, so please come back later and try again. If you continue to see this message, please contact the administrator.

You can also try refreshing this page.

I went through the rest of the forum directory and used all the php~files I found there to overwrite the original ones (including a few templates) only the error message remains the same.

My forum is at hxxp:www.evill.nl/forum [nonactive]

I hope I didn't screw up to bad trying to fix things :-[

Any help would be highly appreciated :)

Edit: My SMF-version is 2.0 RC3

CapadY

What happens when you select the default Theme and English language ?

You've played with the language files. When you use a kind of caching on your forum empty the forumcache to be sure the changes are activted.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

LadyL

Emptying the cache did the trick, thanks a lot! :D

Advertisement: