News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Help with permission Forum and Groups

Started by dharma77, June 25, 2010, 09:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dharma77

Hi, I need help with this type of configuration that I remember made with version 1.x but now that I have installed 2.0 RC3 can not find how to configure the permissions of the following extructure, I hope you can help me.

Example:

I have the following forums and groups.

-> Forum A
-> Forum B
-> Forum C

-> Group A
-> Group B
-> Group C

Now I need to do this:

I need the Group A have permission to Create topicsCreate surveys, Delete post, but only items on the Forum A
But users who are in Group A did not have the same permissions in Forum B and Forum C in such forums can only read and reply post, such as regular members, like the moderator for every forum but not with all permission that have a moderator forum, for that I don't use the forum moderator option.

And likewise for other groups that only have special permissions in the forums assigned to them, I tried but every time I assign the group permissions are assigned in all forums, and if I put them to the forums to answer only permits even groups with permissions do not agree.

It also requires that the groups are primary not secondary groups of users, remember having done it without problems in 1.x version but now with 2.0 RC3 is giving me problems, I would appreciate your help.

青山 素子

If you did an upgrade, the permissions should have been copied over. For this type of configuration, you want to use the new permission profiles feature.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

dharma77

Quote from: Motoko-chan on June 25, 2010, 10:07:57 AM
If you did an upgrade, the permissions should have been copied over. For this type of configuration, you want to use the new permission profiles feature.

Hi thanks for the help, is a fresh installation 2.0 RC3 forum, but I remember do that thing in a 1.x version some time ago.

You say, I have to use new permission profile feature for that configurarion, where is exactly that feature and how i can assing some permissions to a group for certain forum.

Thanks again for your help.

cicka

I think you can find it at Permissions->Edit Profiles. And configure the permissions to how you 'd like them.

青山 素子

Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Advertisement: