1.1.11 to RC 2.0 - 3

Started by illmakeyouscream, June 29, 2010, 04:16:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illmakeyouscream

I used to not understand how to do it, then I got it & didn't really think I would need help again & I'm doing everything correct. I mean I'm putting all the folders to overwrite & it still doesn't do anything & I even go to the correct upgrade url nothing shows up but a 404 error or something. What am I doing wrong, has there been issues or something? Not sure, haven't been on in a few months. Could I get some help please & thank you.

xenovanis

A 404 really means the upgradefile is not in place. Are you sure you uploaded the files to the correct directory on your server?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

illmakeyouscream

Yes,  It still doesn't do anything & I don't understand why not. I'm doing all the steps correctly.

xenovanis

Are you using FileZilla to upload your files? I believe Filezilla has a bug regarding uploading and you should switch to binary in the default settings.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

illmakeyouscream

What is that? Does that cost money?

xenovanis

Umm no.. FileZilla is a ftp-client (and it's free).

How did you upload the files?

illmakeyouscream

uhm, no that's not what i meant. what is binary (default settings?)

via filezilla.

xenovanis

Since I don't use FileZilla I can only guess  ;D

Must be somewhere in the settingsarea (Transfer > Transfer type?). I believe you should use Binary Mode instead of ASCII.

illmakeyouscream

I'm doing that now, but it's still acting up. Ugh. I know I'm doing this correctly. It's simple, not that hard.
Usually when the forum is being upgraded is goes offline for a little bit until the upgrade is completely done.

xenovanis

I think I found your problem though... Assuming you're trying to upgrade the site from your profile.

The upgrade.php file seems to be in your rootdirectory on server, rather than the /forum directory.

Does that make any sense?

illmakeyouscream

Owh - I see what you mean. But how did you know that? It sorta does, but what do I gonna do anyways? Because, usually when I put the sources folder in it usually goes down after that & it's not at all while I repeatedly do this over & over.

xenovanis

Just some common sense :)

To make sure it's uploaded to the right directory, actually open the directory with FileZilla and then start uploading, instead of dragging the files to the root/folder.

illmakeyouscream

Haha, thanks.  I will try this out & see what it does. If it doesn't work. I'll let you know.

Why does this keep doing or saying this for do you know? File transfer successful, transferred 133 bytes in 1 second

Did it upload okie?

EDIT: now finally i think i'm getting somewhere.....

xenovanis

Succesfull means okay, doesn't it?

Let me know how it goes  :)

illmakeyouscream

Got it, thanks it's upgraded successfully :) this is resolved :D

xenovanis

I'll bet that made you scream   ;D

Have fun with 2.0  :)

illmakeyouscream

Advertisement: