News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

haveing a few problems

Started by titanicboss, July 23, 2010, 09:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

titanicboss

HI guys

Recentily my forum has been working perfectily the only problem was i coudnmt update to RC3 instead stuck in rc 2.0.1 i think and a few days ago the forum started to get slower and slower and nopw its got so slow it some times times out

ive spoke to the hosting company Catalyst 2 about this issue as i was thinking it may be a server problem and they blagged me off saying everthing there end was fine and that its something to do with the forum software. Ive tried to update the forums software buy folling the instructions and nothing appers ive uploaded the large upgrade by FTP and nothing goes there for me to update, ive tried through the automatic update and it fails sayinhg nothin in the pageae.

So i really dont know what the heck is going off weather its a hosting issue or a software issue, some nic ehelp and Advice bee very usefull

Here is a few details of the site

www.famouslinersonline.com/forum
we have around 17000 posts spred over 3000 topics by 50 members and we
have about 50 unique visteres and we always have tons of guests on

Kind Regards

C Marshall

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I suggest, before making several changes to your forum, lets prove its actually the issue 1st.

Could you install another forum on a subdomain, test the clean smf installation, if it works fast, then we know something is wrong with your current installation, if not, then we prove its the server and not your software

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

CapadY

first have a look in the logfiles.
When there are an awfull lot of errors this can slowdown your forum.
It can also tell you why your forum is slowing down the last few days.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Advertisement: