help integrating SMF 1.1.9 and Social Engine 3.20

Started by zoldos, September 13, 2010, 01:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoldos

I am using an integration plugin that combines SMF 1.1.9 into Social Engine 3.20.  It works great except for one thing, this bit of code at the top of the *replaced* index.php file doesn't seem to work (the plugin relies on it's own index.php which replaces the one from SMF):

if($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] == '/') {
  header('Location:home.php');
  exit;
}

It loads index.php instead of home.php.  I tried replacing the slash with the full URL, just the subdomain and more, and it still doesn't work.  Is there an alternative to this?  Could my webhost not support this php feature?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Kindred

hmmm....   I am not sure about your problem, but I do know that the person who wrote this integration appears to be in violation of the SMF license. :(
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

zoldos

I was not aware of that.  I will discontinue it's use...

Kindred

specifically:

redistribution of SMF core files is not allowed (he includes files from the Sources and Themes/default directories)
modified redistribution of SMF core files is not allowed (he includes preinstalled mods)

and most concerning of all....  This distributes 1.1.9 which is outdated and has KNOWN security issues, fixed in 1.1.11
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: