News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Attachment Browser

Started by shawnb61, May 09, 2022, 02:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m4z

Please use repair_settings.php to verify there isn't an error in your SMF (URL) config. Like Diego said, your forum is accessible both via http and https, and only one of those can be configured in SMF.

Maybe the mod constructs absolute URLs, which use the configured forum URL, which "logs out" users on the wrong domain?
"Faith is what you have in things that don't exist."
--Homer Simpson

Es gibt hier im Forum ein deutsches Support-Board!

keyboard

Ran "repair_settings.php" with no errors found. 

Please advise
Слaва
Украинi

keyboard

I am in the process of purchasing a domain name and giving the Forum a proper home..... Hoping for the best.... This mod is perfect for my needs.
Слaва
Украинi

keyboard

Everything works as intended now that I have a permanent home for it.

there still is a problem with errors

You cannot view this attachment.

I clear the errors only to have them reappear . and there a lot of the same error.

So close but so far away.

Please advise
Слaва
Украинi

keyboard

Everything is well !!!!!!!!
Слaва
Украинi

keyboard

Please tell me how I can add "Bogdan" to this list
Слaва
Украинi

keyboard

Quote from: shawnb61 on May 20, 2022, 01:01:29 AMYou cannot view this attachment.

How do I add an extention ?  I would like to add "Bogdan" to the list

Слaва
Украинi

shawnb61

The list of extensions is built dynamically.

So, add a file with that extension.

Note that the extension list is cached, so there may be a brief lag.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

keyboard

So if I want to add "Bogdan" to the Extension's, I need to create a file like "Bogdan.Bogdan" and upload to a Directory named "Bogdan" and this will add Bogdan to the list ?

Слaва
Украинi

shawnb61

Quote from: keyboard on September 03, 2023, 12:09:14 PMSo if I want to add "Bogdan" to the Extension's, I need to create a file like "Bogdan.Bogdan" and upload to a Directory named "Bogdan" and this will add Bogdan to the list ?

No, just upload an attachment with that extension.  Like any other attachment.

You may need to add the extension to the list of valid extensions under Admin | Forum | Attachments & Avatars | Attachment Settings to allow the upload.

You may need to wait a few minutes (or clear the cache) for it to appear, since the current set of extensions is cached.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

keyboard

So if I check the "PDF" then "Search".... I should only be able to see all the PDF's

But this is what I am seeing

Please advise
Ron from Canada
Слaва
Украинi

keyboard

Solved.   My error
Слaва
Украинi

shawnb61

v1.11 Added date range filtering and French translations

shawnb61

v2.0 uploaded.

Added grid view; & improved handling of guest attachments.

shawnb61

Some notes when using the Attachment Browser:
 - All the column headings are clickable, and when you click on them, it will sort by that column.  Clicking a 2nd time will sort in descending order.  Handy for seeing items uploaded recently, or items frequently downloaded, etc.
 - Many of the fields within the list & grid are clickable - e.g., clicking on the filename will download the file.  Clicking on the message subject (list view) or the post date (grid view) will bring you directly to the post that has the attachment.
 - Clicking on the "Filter By" button allows you to filter by poster, date range, file extension, and various tags.
 - When viewing a filtered list, clicking on the "Search Again" button at the bottom of the list will bring you back to the "Filter By" screen to allow you to tweak the filter.

Advertisement: