News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Simple Mod Maker

Started by Bugo, April 11, 2022, 02:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugo

Link to the mod

Would you like to spend less time creating localization files, JS/CSS and more on working with the code? This mod provides this opportunity!
This SMF mod skeleton generator will help you quickly generate the mod's settings and create simple tables in the database.
You just need to set the necessary options, click "Build" and get a modification package ready for installation on the SMF forum.

Translations:

Features:
  • Copyright management: name, email, license, etc.
  • Creating templates for readme files added to the package.
  • Simply adding of the desired hooks you want to use. The hooks you once added are saved in the settings and are already displayed in the drop-down list when creating the next project. In addition, there is also a preset available the first time you use the generator.
  • Settings Constructor - select option type, specify name and translations.
  • DB Table Constructor - if your application needs them.
  • Task Constructor - add background/scheduled/simple tasks
  • Creating blanks for JS/CSS files, template file, language files, etc.

Doug Heffernan

This is a very useful mod imo. Thank you for sharing it.

-Rock Lee-

This will really help more than one when you want to create something, a great contribution @Bugo ;D
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Dzonny

Great mod, I'm surprised that we didn't had something similar earlier. Well done man!  8)

Bugo

Quote from: Dzonny on April 12, 2022, 05:51:48 AMGreat mod, I'm surprised that we didn't had something similar earlier. Well done man!  8)
Mod Builder was, but somehow it didn't stick.

FrizzleFried

Am I correct to assume that I could use this to help me figure out how to make a mod out of all the manual code and CSS changes I've made to my site so that,  in case of a problem,  I could re-introduce all the changes in a single mod install rather than having to document and go through all the manual code and CSS changes ... well ... manually?

EDIT: Or is that even done with a mod using "hooks"... i'm still not 100% sure how hooks work exactly to be honest.  I have a general idea... I just don't know much of the detail.

Bugo

Quote from: FrizzleFried on April 12, 2022, 09:47:12 AMAm I correct to assume that I could use this to help me figure out how to make a mod out of all the manual code and CSS changes I've made to my site so that,  in case of a problem,  I could re-introduce all the changes in a single mod install rather than having to document and go through all the manual code and CSS changes ... well ... manually?
I suppose so.

I think you need to start by exploring small mods' structure, with the label "hooks only". Details are not important, practice is needed.

@rjen

Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Doug Heffernan

Quote from: @rjen on April 13, 2022, 03:29:54 PMNoticed that the bookmark Name field pushes outside the scren on mobile devices due to the size=80 setting.

Adding a style="width:100%" fixes that..

MessageBookmarks.template.php
Change
<input type="text" id="title" name="title" size="80" maxlength="255" class="input_text" value="', $context['mb_title'], '">

To
<input type="text" id="title" name="title" style="width:100%" size="80" maxlength="255" class="input_text" value="', $context['mb_title'], '">

I think that you posted this in the wrong topic. This fix you provided is in regard to the Bookmarks mod.

mickjav

Just installed on my test forum I'll be playing with it as sounds like it will simplfy creating mods

thanks

just noticed:

You cannot view this attachment.

Bugo

I think this issue is related to a theme you are using.

Shades.

Quote from: Bugo on May 28, 2022, 09:42:18 PMI think this issue is related to a theme you are using.
Works/looks fine on my end!??

You cannot view this attachment.
ShadesWeb.com - Custom Logos - My Themes on SMF | My Themes on ShadesWeb
https://shadesweb.com

BikerHound.com - Sniffing out the road ahead
https://bikerhound.com

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James Dean

mickjav

Quote from: Bugo on May 28, 2022, 09:42:18 PMI think this issue is related to a theme you are using.

Yep Just changed and works a treat. I'll reinstall that theme see if that corrects it.

thanks

Panoulis64

Σου αφήνω μία μετάφραση στα Ελληνικά.  You cannot view this attachment.

samozin

thanks Bugo  but i think we need video tutorial for using this
i dont know how to put text field in admin area that makes me able to put menu button

and to know the modsettings that have selected in admin area ( i mean i choosed board 1 and board 2 ...> how o express that on my code that gets latest topics from the selected boards) .

Bugo

This mod is just a billet generator for creating mod frameworks, it will not write the code for you. So what tutorial can we talk about? About working with 4 tabs?

If someone is willing to sponsor Jeffrey Way's voiceover from laracasts.com, that would be wonderful :)

Advertisement: