News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Grievance Section?

Started by SOLAAR, August 10, 2010, 11:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SOLAAR

On previous forums I've hosted, I was able to set up what I called a "Grievance Section" for disgruntled members.  This section was viewable by anyone, however the posts within could only be seen by the thread starter and the mods/admins.  I did this through vBulletin.

Is is possible to set something up like this via Simple Machines?  I'd appreciate the help. :)

Dennis Finch: If word of this got around where I work, the teasing will not stop, and believe me, I have it coming.

rd

You mean the section contained the members topics?

tumbleweed

I am not sure I have ever seen that option in SMF.
The best I ever did was created a membership based board and added users to that member group. However using that style all of the members in that member group were allowed to see all of the post that were created.
G.C. SOLUTIONS - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Forums On A Whole New Level
Elastic Sites Stress Fast CPU/Ram Upgrades- More Info Here.
Reviews By SMF Forum Owners - Read Our Rev

SOLAAR

Quote from: tumbleweed on August 10, 2010, 06:18:34 PMHowever using that style all of the members in that member group were allowed to see all of the post that were created.

I toyed around with that idea too, but like you said then all the members in that group can see the grievances.  Maybe a mod will come out some day letting us do this.  We can only hope I guess. :)

Thanks for the help guys.
Dennis Finch: If word of this got around where I work, the teasing will not stop, and believe me, I have it coming.

Advertisement: