News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Curve centered menu

Started by Antechinus, May 05, 2010, 11:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antechinus

Kimmen

I cannot install this one on Theme: Prince of Darkness. I get two test failed:

Execute Modification    ./Themes/Prince_of_Darkness_201/css/index.css    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/Prince_of_Darkness_201/css/index.css    Test successful
      2.    Replace    ./Themes/Prince_of_Darkness_201/css/index.css    Test successful
      3.    Add After    ./Themes/Prince_of_Darkness_201/css/index.css    Test successful
      4.    Add Before    ./Themes/Prince_of_Darkness_201/css/index.css    Test successful
      5.    Add Before    ./Themes/Prince_of_Darkness_201/css/index.css    Test successful
      6.    Replace    ./Themes/Prince_of_Darkness_201/css/index.css    Test successful
      7.    Replace    ./Themes/Prince_of_Darkness_201/css/index.css    Test successful
      8.    Replace    ./Themes/Prince_of_Darkness_201/css/index.css    Test failed
      Execute Modification    ./Themes/Prince_of_Darkness_201/css/ie7.css    Test successful
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/Prince_of_Darkness_201/css/ie7.css    Test successful
      2.    Add Before    ./Themes/Prince_of_Darkness_201/css/ie7.css    Test successful

Antechinus

That's one test failed. It's the last operation only (#8). Easy fix:

Find
.dropmenu li:hover ul
{
display: block;
top: 27px;
}

Replace:
.dropmenu li:hover ul, #main_menu .dropmenu li:hover ul
{
display: block;
top: 27px;
}

Kimmen

I installed with the error, and replaced the code you gave here, this is the end result.

Antechinus

Yeah I know what's causing that. PoD doesn't use default positioning of menu_gfx.png or the default image for the drop menu background. That image is customised to hell. Use this in .dropmenu li ul:

background: #000 url(../images/theme/menu_gfx.png) 0 -220px repeat-x;

Kimmen

It still display in the same way after that edit.

Antechinus

Kimmen

I did that too, and here is how it looks:

Antechinus

Kimmen

I have uninstalled the mod intill fix is ready. www.efclan.eu

I can send you files if you like?

Antechinus

If you want help on this, link me to a live example of the problem. I don't like playing guessing games.

Kimmen

FireDitto

It's no longer available to RC5?

=/ I know I should update to Gold, but it's so painful fixing it all up again afterwards >_>
Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

Kimmen

Antechinus

Ok I see what the problem is.

#main_menu .dropmenu li ul
{
z-index: 90;
display: none;
position: absolute;
width: 19.2em;
font-weight: normal;
border-bottom: 1px solid #999;
background: url(../images/theme/menu_gfx.png) 0 -130px no-repeat;
padding: 7px 0 0 0;
left: -4px;
}

That code isn't in the theme's index.css, so you must have added it yourself. That's fine if you want to do that, but if you're going to add your own menu css then it kinda figures that you might put some thought into changes to css. You've made the change I mentioned earlier:

Quote from: Antechinus on July 31, 2011, 06:08:39 PM
Yeah I know what's causing that. PoD doesn't use default positioning of menu_gfx.png or the default image for the drop menu background. That image is customised to hell. Use this in .dropmenu li ul:

but, you also need to make it to #main_menu .dropmenu, like this:

.dropmenu li ul
{
left: -6px;
width: 16em;
border: solid 1px #4F4131;
border-radius: 4px;
box-shadow: 2px 3px 5px 1px #000;
padding: 6px 0 2px 0;
}
#main_menu .dropmenu li ul
{
width: 19.2em;
border-bottom: 1px solid #999;
padding: 7px 0 0 0;
left: -4px;
}

Kimmen

That indeed makes it better. Thanks, i can live with this now. I see that the bar when hoover over dropdown menu does not complete itself, but this is not something that keeps bugging me, but if you know how to change it, then its nice.

Thanks for your help.

Thelost

Excellent Mod and i was able to make all the modifications needed to get this working for my home made theme.  I was also able to successfully merge the few tricks from this post http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=444219.msg3123598#msg3123598 and http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=444605.0 and found the combination of everything to be working great.  I wanted to thank you for your knowledge and contributions.

Thanks again!
~ Lost

Advertisement: