News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[WIP] Menu Editor

Started by Matthew K., August 21, 2010, 09:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KensonPlays

Labradoodle, I am supporting you the best I possibly can ATM. Ok?

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Matthew K.

Just thought I'd give a quick update on the development progress.

Lately I have been busy with real life, and when I have had time to develop I have had to divide it into multiple projects that I am doing, so I've not had a ton of time recently to work on it.

However, the latest news is that the top menu is up and functioning via the Admin panel, working very nicely.

A lot is still left to improve. I plan on working on the Modify system tomorrow.

KensonPlays

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

hadesflames

Acans

Looks good so far.

Will it support other mods adding to the menu, like portals, etc?
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Matthew K.

It should. Development has definitely stalled, due to a certain project that came up, mainly.

live627

hadesflames: Hijacked thread...

Acans

Yeah, i noticed that too live :/

Also, is that the project your doing for the doc team? Because then your perfectly excused :D
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

hadesflames

Quote from: ѕησω on September 02, 2010, 07:28:50 PM
Looks good so far.

Will it support other mods adding to the menu, like portals, etc?

Mine sure does ;)

KensonPlays

labradoodle ill use Dream Menu until it is done, ill be glad to test it on a test forum when u r ready tho!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Matthew K.

Haha yes, actually...it is! :) Just about done.
Quote from: ѕησω on September 02, 2010, 07:58:10 PM
Yeah, i noticed that too live :/

Also, is that the project your doing for the doc team? Because then your perfectly excused :D

Acans

Good to here, groundup showed me the link to your site, the theme looks great!

KensonPlays

snow, everyone i talked with labradoodle on gtalk, he stopped doing this mod "Dream Menu" ruined it for him. i am using that now...

so this mod is done. :(

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

Robbo_

Well dream menu doesn't do as much as I need so I'll keep mine hardcoded until I get my mod done if I actually get a chance.
Aus-Newerth

Quote from: IRC
Roph> I just finished a double 1/2lb cheese, bacon & salad beef burger
Roph> no woman on earth could satisfy me as much as I am satisfied right now by this burger
... later on ...
Roph> how could ensie go about satisfying me =o
<Ensiferous> Roph: Merely looking at me would yield far more pleasure than a burger can provide.

~DS~

Quote from: Robbo_ on September 07, 2010, 09:01:04 AM
Well dream menu doesn't do as much as I need so I'll keep mine hardcoded until I get my mod done if I actually get a chance.
What does you want it to do?
There is more coming for Dream Menu so keep your eyes peeled. :)
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

KensonPlays

Dismal, is top menu editing included? I would love that!

Owner of Mesozoic Haven

hadesflames

I've decided not to add top menu because it requires nasty template edits which would only work on the default theme anyway. The point behind Dream Menu isn't to ruin Labradoodle, it's to create a simple, yet powerful menu editor that works regardless of how you have SMF set up. Adding template edits would ruin this vision of it for me, and I won't be doing it.

DoctorMalboro

Quote from: hadesflames on September 07, 2010, 07:18:11 PMI've decided not to add top menu because it requires nasty template edits which would only work on the default theme anyway. The point behind Dream Menu isn't to ruin Labradoodle, it's to create a simple, yet powerful menu editor that works regardless of how you have SMF set up. Adding template edits would ruin this vision of it for me, and I won't be doing it.
And why don't you create a separate code wich allows you to edit top menu?

hadesflames

Quote from: hadesflames on September 07, 2010, 07:18:11 PM
because it requires nasty template edits which would only work on the default theme anyway.

DoctorMalboro

Quote from: hadesflames on September 07, 2010, 08:05:14 PM
Quote from: hadesflames on September 07, 2010, 07:18:11 PMbecause it requires nasty template edits which would only work on the default theme anyway.
create a sub-mod that only allows you to be used in curve... :P

Advertisement: