News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Adk Blog (A blog system for each user)

Started by lucas-ruroken, August 30, 2010, 05:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woxell

Quote from: Kindred on September 12, 2012, 04:25:02 PM
ARGH!!!!!!

Do **ANY** of the ADK team even bother to support his mod any more?

Doesn't seem like it, i had to uninstall this crap and hook into a wordpress system instead. Works great but you can never get the look and feel to match.

CapadY

Is it right I can only give permissions to the regular usergroups and not to postcount membergroups ?

At least I can't find the options to set the permissions for postcount groups.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

CapadY

In my errorlog I have a lot of errors, they are all generated by guest visits.
There are no errors from registrated users.

What can cause this ?

Pas filter toe: Toon alleen de foutmeldingen van deze URL http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.nl/index.php?topic=5962.0 Pas filter toe: Toon alleen de fouten met hetzelfde bericht 8: Undefined index:  notify Pas filter toe: Toon alleen fouten van dit bestand  Bestand: /home/sites/web266/web/Sources/Subs-adkblog.php
Regel: 63

The same error is given for row 61, so 2 errormessages each time.

Kindred

CapadY,   Did you bother to search?  This is an ongoing and log standing issue which we have tried to address multiple times over the past months - with no satisfaction from the ADK team.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bojanbgrd

Well, who knows  ::)  Maybe there is no solution...
I'm sick of deleting errors every day, but uninstaling this blog and instaling some other is a nightmare. This one is really good and I don't want to change it, but these errors...  :-X

CapadY

Quote from: Kindred on September 14, 2012, 03:37:10 PM
CapadY,   Did you bother to search?  This is an ongoing and log standing issue which we have tried to address multiple times over the past months - with no satisfaction from the ADK team.

Oke, I think you'll have to warn people for such a thing at the download page.
When I was informed about it I hadn't installed it. I hadn't even downloaded it.

I have reported the MOD as unsafe now to prevent more members running in troubles.

Irisado

It would also be helpful, if at any stage any of the team responsible for maintaining this, could look at the translation issue that I mentioned previously.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Kindred

well, I would hardly call the errors UNSAFE, so I think that reporting it was a bit of an overreaction.

so it drops undefined errors into your log...   annoying, yes... unsafe, no.

Also, it's not my place to warn people... it would be people's responsibility to research any mod they plan to install (plus, I can't modify the mod page, since I didn't place the mod)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NanoSector

I'm going to do another review of this today, it is causing way too much trouble.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

stylusss

How much would it cost to have this converted to work for SMF 1.x ?
For top-notch server quality and expertise, visit CoreISP.net

rlh2006

I installed this recently, but I keep getting this error message. Who can I pay to fix this?

Error in ADKBlog.

There is an error constantly showing up in my log, which I think is related to guests browsing blogs

Error: Undefined index: notifyFile
File: forum/Sources/Subs-adkblog.php
Line: 61
Line Text ==>61:'title' => $txt['blog_not'].' <i>('.$context['notify'][1].')</i>',

Error: Undefined index: notifyFile
File: forum/Sources/Subs-adkblog.php
Line: 63
Line Text ==>63:'show' => $context['notify'][0],
368 Urban Terror avatars for your site or forum.
The avatars pack is 11.6 mbs. Direct free download for the avatars pack is right here: urt_avatars.zip This avatar pack is 1up Clan's way of contributing to both the Urban Terror gaming community and the Simple Machines community. Due to the size of the pack, SMF has not approved it.

Kindred

If you bothered to READ the past posts in his thread, you would have noticed that ths is an ongoing, known issue that the developer refuses to address...
Слaва
Украинi

rlh2006

Quote from: Kindred on October 13, 2012, 07:24:48 PM
If you bothered to READ the past posts in his thread, you would have noticed that ths is an ongoing, known issue that the developer refuses to address...
I think it was pretty clear that I was asking "Who can I pay to fix this?"
Since I am committed to the mod already, it is time to spend a little money.
The avatars pack is 11.6 mbs. Direct free download for the avatars pack is right here: urt_avatars.zip This avatar pack is 1up Clan's way of contributing to both the Urban Terror gaming community and the Simple Machines community. Due to the size of the pack, SMF has not approved it.

rlh2006

Ok. I had an experienced coder look at this problem and commit a fix for me. I am posting this to help others who have experienced this problem for a long time now.

Here are the changes that the users need to do:

Open Sources/Subs-adkblog.php

find:

'show' => $context['notify'][0],

replace with:

'show' => empty($context['notify']) ? false : true,

find:

$context['notify'] = array(false,0);

replace with:

$context['notify'] = '';

and lastly find:

$context['notify'] = array(true,$total);

replace with:

$context['notify'] = $total;

Coder Comments: The error was simple, the mod author didn't check that the actual var existed, it is good practice to check any var for its existence before use it, also, there is no need to use an array when you can check the existence on the var itself.

Also, there is another edit on the adkblog bug, its easy, on the same file find:

'title' => $txt['blog_not'].' <i>('.$context['notify'][1].')</i>',

and replace with:

'title' => empty($context['notify']) ? '' : $txt['blog_not'].' <i>('. $context['notify'] .')</i>',

Kindred

actually... I tried those (empty check) fixes a while ago... with no particular change in errors
Слaва
Украинi

NanoSector

The mod also contains a (pretty obvious) security hole. Won't hand out any more details, though. I contacted the mod authors but haven't had a response yet.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

mgrmgr

Well - today I saw a new reviewed version still 3.0 Including an update. But alas the update is from V2. Can a helpful soul tell us (I assume there are more of us) how to do a manual upgrade from the hmmm - original V3?

TIA

NanoSector

The review package is uploaded with a few important fixes. It's not recommended to use but it somewhat fixed a couple of bugs and some other stuff.

mgrmgr

Well - that is what I thought. But I have the feeling those fixes (except the damn notify error) would not be useful if I can't install them. Thus my question: is it enough to replace the old files with the new ones?

NanoSector

So far, that is enough. We might find trouble in the database but that's very unlikely.

So far the fixes also have been very useful. If the "notify error" is the "This module is not activated" error that you are talking about, then it's fixed in the review package.

Advertisement: