Converting from Invisionfree to SMF 2.0RC3

Started by ali5541, August 31, 2010, 10:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ali5541

Hello everyone,

I'm terribly sorry if this is the incorrect place but I am frustrated with trying to convert my invisionfree forum to smf. I really could use the help! I am computer savvy but when it comes to this stuff, I have no idea what to do. I just purchased hosting and I am trying to convert my invisionfree forum to smf. I paid invisionfree and I got the database dump (.sql file). I installed SMF using the web installer (although I could have done it the old fashion way) and created a database for SMF.

Now, I have cycled through 15 topics (just about) on these forums for converting from invisionfree, some talk about a fake config. file and some talk about installing IPB 1.3. I can't use the converter because I have no idea what I am doing and the crawler is too complex for me and I am scared of it. I really have no idea what I am doing here and I really could use the help. I tried to import the database dump into a separate mysql table and I got the following error:

SQL query:
INSERT IGNORE INTO ibf_posts( append_edit, edit_time, pid, author_id, author_name, use_sig, ip_address, post_date, icon_id, post, queued, topic_id, forum_id, new_topic, edit_name, attach_hits, attach_type, attach_file )
VALUES (
'0', '0', '13850217', '1', 'Kean', '1', '98.223.10.57', '1244351896', '0', ' 1 2 3 4 ', '0', '622', '29', '1', '', '', '', ''
);
MySQL said: Documentation
#1146 - Table 'cntetri1_smf.ibf_posts' doesn't exist

I also tried to import it to the smf table and it give me the same exact error. -_-

I fail... I could really use a step by step walk through.

ali5541

excuse me for bumping, but isn't there anyone that can help me with this problem?

Pollard

I'm having the same problem. Any help would be appreciated.

xenovanis

When installing smf, did you use the same database as you use for ipb?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: