Install of 2.0 RC3

Started by Bazar6, September 10, 2010, 12:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazar6

I'm hosting on GoDaddy with PHP and MySQL 5.0. I tried using the full install, but didn't work. So I tried the webinstall method. First step, verified my account here. Second step, keep localhost as my server name (because I don't know what else it can be or where to find it). Put my ftp login info in (which is definitely correct). And the install path matches what the hosting control center says is my server hosting path, and its where I dropped webinstall.php. But when I click connect, it says "Sorry, FTP path you entered wasn't the same place the installer was uploaded to." I don't get it tho, because not only is the page figuring out the path itself, but it seems to be completely correct to me. Anyone have any ideas on whats going on with this install?

I've been using SMF for some time, but I'm just now trying 2.0 to compare against 1.1.11 for my sites. Thanks y'all!

kat

Quote from: RZRcreative on September 10, 2010, 12:01:19 PMtried using the full install, but didn't work.

Why not? (It might be relevant).

Bazar6

It couldn't find the database that I was pointing to. I even let it try to create a database (it said it was an option that it would try by leaving something blank) and was unsuccessful.

Bazar6

Just got it... Had to play around a few settings in the forum install and db end. Thanks tho!

Dharshan

well, I'm sure godaddy provides a one click installer within their site.  you dont need to worry about any setting

though it only provides SMF1.1.11, so install and then do a large upgrade. you will save time looking at installation settings. ;)
R I P  : Steve Jobs | you made the world today look how it is | Thank you

Acans

Still need to verify database settings for upgrade too ;)
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

Dharshan

Quote from: ѕησω on September 17, 2010, 04:34:50 AM
Still need to verify database settings for upgrade too ;)

ah yes, but then again after the install of SMF 1.1.11 you will recieve an email with all the settings.
R I P  : Steve Jobs | you made the world today look how it is | Thank you

Advertisement: