News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Some minor setup questions

Started by papadilbert, June 26, 2005, 10:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papadilbert

When I click on Attachments Manager I get "Cannot access attachments upload path. Where do I need to set this?

Also, how do I change the auto-email messages for user authentication and new members?

[Unknown]

You set that in Edit Features and Options.  If you have trouble finding it, you can also use repair_settings.php.  What is repair_settings.php?

Search for "edit welcome message" for the other question.  It's been posted so many times my fingers are tired of answering it :P.

-[Unknown]

papadilbert

I checked the path and for some reason there was a single quote at the end of the path name. I removed it and that problem is fixed.

thx!

papadilbert

The other problem dealt with non-english grammar.

I was able to locate and fix the grammar problem in the index.italian.php. I guess I should post that fix on the languages board but I'm not so sure anyone would care.

It has to do with the gender factor of latin languages. The index.italian.php assumes that the name of your forum is masuline and as such places the masculine article for "The" ("Il") in front of the forum name.

If someone has the authority to move this message to the other board that would be great.

Advertisement: