Smf Sections?

Started by Marticus, June 28, 2005, 03:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marticus

Hello. I have created a multi-template site for a gaming group. Each template is assigned to a section. Each section contains the content for each game/division. I wish to use smf for forums, but I would like the same support from it, i.e., I would like "sections" within a single installation of smf, if possible, and forums/categories assigned to each "section". If one clicks on a forum menu item for a particular division, it should bring the user to that division's forums. The general forums will also be in it's own "section". Can SMF provide this functionality? What should I look for in configuring smf to meet this need? I am also looking to maybe apply different smf themes to each "section". Your thoughts on this are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Best,
-Marticus

xenovanis

Well, I suposse you can do this with links to a specific board and assign a matching theme to each board. You'll need to publish the menu-item anyway, for as far as I know.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Orstio

This can be achieved, with some extensive theming.

Idigital did this, in fact.  He had a different set of boards visible for each category, and only those boards in that category were visible on the same page.

Marticus

Well, the closest thing would be how these forums are configured. It appears to have forums inside of forums. When you click on a forum, a few forums are listed at the top, and messages for the parent forum at the bottom. How is this done? I found no obvious means of doing this with the default smf installation.

[Unknown]

Childs boards.  You can set it when creating or adding boards in Manage Boards.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: