News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SimplePortal issue

Started by ytdulu, October 05, 2010, 06:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytdulu

Hello,

I just installed SimplePortal mod with no error through packade upload inteface and then it installed I can`t see or don`t know there is that SimplePortal panel/interface. The package shows that SimplePortal was installed, but I can`t find it in admin section there is it for options.
Do I need additional activation or modification in ftp or else where to show simpleportal etc.. course in admin panel there is no fuction/word about simpleportal?

Can someone help me..?

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

SP created its own menu in Admin CP as well as inside the main menu. It's just there. By the way, do ask about SP in SP Support Thread.

deansmar

most important, are you using a custom theme, or the SMF default theme ?

Last time I check, it doesn't really matter what theme you are using because the menu is determined by source files and not template files. But do try and change to default theme and see whether the menu is there, just in case that is true (which I was advised that it is not).

ytdulu

Its not the mod I installed, its becourse then I instal one of portal mode it says mod installed succesfully and then it redirects after instalation I don`t see any blocks/panel or new menu neither... Maby Im doing somethink wrong with instal..?

Kindred

Are you running in English?  (do note: English UTF-8 is *DIFFERENT* from English)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Quote from: ytdulu on October 05, 2010, 10:13:22 AM
Its not the mod I installed, its becourse then I instal one of portal mode it says mod installed succesfully and then it redirects after instalation I don`t see any blocks/panel or new menu neither... Maby Im doing somethink wrong with instal..?
Did you by any chance install more then one portal mod?

ytdulu

No I only installed one, and english langue is as default (ISO-8859-1). Don`t know what to do, maby I somethink skipping in installation or have to edit some kinds of .php files to show my mod bar panel in page..?

What is the version of your Simple Portal?

ytdulu

Latest, ''Powered by SMF 2.0 RC3''.

I really mean simple portal version not SMF.

ytdulu

Ofcourse latest, ''SimplePortal_2.3.2.zip'' - 2.3.2. Tryed to reinstall smf and instal other mods but some issue, no showing that mod bar/panel in web...

Kindred

you have to turn ON the portal and configure your side panels and blocks
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Very strange indeed. SP as far as I know add its CP link in main menu via Subs.php and add its CP in admin menu via Admin.php. So whatever theme you use, it should be visible. It is IMHO almost impossible that a correct installation of SP 2.3.2 on SMF 2.0 RC3 will fail to produce a CP or its link in both menus. I will now rest for this OP and see how this is resolved by others. Good luck.

ytdulu

Ho im suppose to turn site off? And there to configurate that panels/blocks?

ytdulu

Problem solved, I figurated how. Just needed to follow the .php file edits and thats done. Thanks guys for help.

Advertisement: