News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

[SMF Converter] MyBB 1.6

Started by Nibogo, October 10, 2010, 11:43:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norv

Find them attached in the first post please. I will add them to the site's downloads as well.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

.Vapor

Quote from: SkyAttack Madi on November 03, 2010, 12:18:19 PM
Hey mate
I tried to do the convert but it gave me this error:-
Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)

What shall I do?

I am also receiving this error converting:
mybb 1.6
to
smf 2.0 rc4

Bruno36

hello!
same error

Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Norv

About:

Can you please login in phpmyadmin, and run the following query:

SELECT birthday from [your_mybb_tables_prefix]users;

(please replace with your actual MyBB tables prefix.)

And attach the result here, or send to me in a PM?

Please note that it will display all the birth dates stored in your MyBB database (with no other user data or anything, only birth dates). If you are not comfortable with that, feel free not to.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

Bruno36

SELECT birthday
FROM mybb_users;

LIMIT 0 , 30
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Norv

When you executed that query, below it, on the page, phpmyadmin must have displayed the result. Could you please tell which are they?

Bruno36

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[mybb_users]users LIMIT 0, 30' at line 1
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Norv

If your prefix is "mybb_", then please replace in the query "mybb_users", that is, please run:

SELECT birthday
FROM mybb_users;

It depends on what your actual prefix is - if you really have a table named "mybb_users" or it is named something else ending with "users".

Bruno36

Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Norv

Then please use the query:

SELECT birthday
FROM mybb_users;

Bruno36

there are too many records to display
Affichage des enregistrements 0 - 29 (2 473 total, Traitement en 0.0002 sec.)
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Norv

Please, use the attached mybb16_to_smf.sql file instead.

Also, please upload the attached file in your Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php. It would be best if you made a copy of your current Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php file, and keep it. Then replace your file with the attached one.

Bruno36

Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Date expected. (birthdate)  O:)
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Norv

Oops.
Are you sure the new files are in the right directories? mybb16_to_smf.sql should be uploaded to SMF main directory, overwriting your previous file, and Subs-Db-mysql.php should be uploaded in your Sources directory.

Bruno36

Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Norv

I can't replicate it anymore. I used your dates in my test forum, got the same error, and have it fixed using these changes.

Can you please make sure that the file Subs-Db-mysql.php was indeed overwritten by your FTP client? Sometimes they may not overwrite all existing files. Same for the other.
Maybe it would be useful if you download them to check.

Also, can you please make sure you restart the conversion process completely, from running convert.php without any parameter in the URL, just http://your_smf_address/convert.php

Bruno36

Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

NanoSector

Quote from: Bruno36 on November 30, 2010, 09:22:09 AM
Yes

Directory smf
I can sees you has new mailz.

Anyways, I'm gonna try converting my test myBB forum.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Bruno36

I still hold to the conversion
I stuck at the first step.  :-\
Bruno36 the French
SMF 2.0.9

Norv

Can you please try using this file instead then?

Advertisement: