News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Restore deleted thread

Started by Nordino, October 24, 2010, 04:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nordino

Hi

I have a SMF 2.0 RC2 forum, and one of the moderators delteted an important thread by mistake. Is there any way to recover it?

I found this in "moderation log": Removed topic "(ID:3930)" from "Transfers"

Thanks

Paul_Pauline

You should also set up a recycle board for deleted threads to be sent to in case it happens again, you would have been able to restore it from there, ensure that only yourself can access it !
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

I would also suggest, that if you need to salvage removed posts / topics at all, then you should keep a recycle board that only you can access, or at least only you can delete posts from.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: