News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

potential phpBB convert?

Started by shortmort37, November 14, 2010, 06:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shortmort37

I run a phpBB board for collector cars that heavily favors images and video clips.  However, I'm discouraged by a couple of things...

phpBB permits you to insert images inline; however, you can't present thumbs in a gallery view (i.e., more than one per row).  There is a mod that permits you to create a gallery in an attachbox, and present images in a Highslide popup; I was able to successfully modify this for inline attachments as well - the advantage being, you can alter the order afterwards.  So, what's the problem?

Highslide also provides a way to launch flash video (using JW Player) in a popup - but, I can't find a way to hack phpBB to make it work.  Plus, I'm concerned about custom hacks that may not be supportable with the next upgrade of phpBB.

highslide.com says that SMF provides a mod that incorporates Highslide.  Does it provide what I'm looking for?  i.e., a gallery presentation of thumbs, some of which launch highslide (or, some other java viewer) popups for images, and some which launch video players for video?

I saw something early on in the phpBB -> SMF conversion thread that SMF does not support inline attachments, or at least the conversion of them - is that no longer true?

adTHANKSvance
Dan

Deaks

I think there is a mod for attachments also look at Avea Gallery, you can posts movies etc using that ... hope this helps
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: