News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Viewing all users in a certain member group

Started by wynnyelle, October 15, 2010, 05:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wynnyelle

I try to monitor roleplay activity of newer players on my game just settling in, so I can identify people struggling to fit in and help them out. But, we have like 250 people on daily, possibly more--I don't know the exact numbers at this point--and I try to view the members of a certain post rank by going to Admin-->Membergroups-->{{the group}}-->view by most recently active date and time. But it only gives me the first page of members--no more than 30. How do I prompt it to give me a second or 3rd page? Or increase the number of members displayed on the one page if more pages aren't possible?

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

To change pages there is a page breadcrumb for it like: Pages: [1] 2 3.

I think we have to modify admin source / template file to display more then 30 per page. I cannot seems to find the option/setting to display more/less then 30 per page too.

xenovanis

More pages works just fine for me. You don't have the pagination at the top of that list, like 1 [2] 3 4  ... 21? It still sorts on last activity if I go the next page.

For instance, by url, this is the result for the first page:
index.php?action=moderate;area=viewgroups;sa=members;start=0;sort=active;desc;group=4

This for the second page:
index.php?action=moderate;area=viewgroups;sa=members;start=30;sort=active;desc;group=4

Third page:
index.php?action=moderate;area=viewgroups;sa=members;start=60;sort=active;desc;group=4

and so on. I'm not sure what you're requesting here?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

xenovanis, I think one of his question is: how do we view more then 30 members per page? I can't seem to find this option/setting so I think this will need some mod. What do you think?

wynnyelle

I don't have the pagination, but it's only for one member group that I don't. The others do. The problem is that that is the ONe group that I really need it for! I've tried manipulating the URL with other numbers, all it ever does is display page 1 and no pagination even though there are several hundred members in this group.

xenovanis

Can you get a screenshot of that?

Does pagination show when using the default theme?

About to the other groups where the pagination does show, how many members are in those groups compared to your newbie group?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

nosferatu

I think actually, that the problem may be more that, when doing a search for active members for instance <= 2010-10-23, I get the first page with accurate listings of those active since that date but, despite the breadcrumb showing 9 pages, when I click on page 2 of the pagination, it simply gives me a list of all members and not just those active since that date. The number of pages also increases from 9 to 57 (ie the full membership list as opposed to those active in the past week). I can, of course, guess that 9 pages of 30 member names equals 270 active members but I can't identify them after that first search page.
There's a certain joy in being mad that only madmen know

wynnyelle

Yeah the pagination is the same regardless of what skin I do. I'll see if I can get a screenie of it. But oddly enough, when I added another member group the other day in between two others, it changed up which ones failed to show the pagination past page 1. Now it's the first rank that fails to do it, where all the others are okay.

I found another way to look up all members active in the past day anyway so haven't looked in on here but it seems like a little tiny built-in bug.

xenovanis

Have you checked to see if the same thing happens with 2.0 RC4?

Advertisement: