News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

About how it works the count posts on changing forum setup

Started by luuuciano, November 06, 2010, 12:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luuuciano

Hi!
suppose that we go to a forum setup and uncheck "Count Posts: Makes new replies and topics raise members' post counts."
then, we go to Maintenance and run the task "Recount all forum totals and statistics"

it is supposed that the members post counts will be recalculated... without the posts of that forum?
(because nothing changes...)

or the "Count Posts" option of a forum only works for "future" posts? :(

sorry for the bad english :)
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Mitħrandir

I don't think that the maintenance function does a re-count of user's total number of message. It's more related to other statistics, like the member number, the total post number etc.
A while ago I've made some test about this problem without luck.
I'll be happy if someone proves I'm wrong.

Regards,

-- Mauro
-- Mithrandir
Proud of using SMF 2.0 on http://polislife.netsons.org/forum

Deaks

~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

luuuciano

mmm, I guess so
eheheh, so... there is no way to recalculate global post count on changing boards properties?
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Deaks

Admin - maintenance - Recount all forum totals and statistics

prob best way that i can think of quickly  then clear cache
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

luuuciano

I have tried it, and numbers do not change... no cache at all (not using it)

Kays

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

luuuciano

oh, thanks Kays!
that is what I needed!

(not because changing user counts individually... but because changing forum properties)

Kays

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Advertisement: