Started by JoeyD0831, November 05, 2010, 12:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeyD0831

The avatars folder is writable - CHMOD 755 - but when I go to upload an avatar, it says "Your profile has been updated successfully" but nothing is there. This problem only applies to uploading from my computer. I can upload from a website still.

I'm running 2.0 RC3.

Thanks in advance!

xenovanis

Are there any errors in Admin -> Logs -> Errorlog?

Is it only your computer or other computers as well?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

JoeyD0831

The only errors that it looks like I'm getting is an undefined image in the theme folder and what looks like a theme issue in the cache folder.

For now it's just my computer. I'm checking to see if other members have the same issue

JoeyD0831

Every time I upload an image, it says my settings were saved and switches back to "(no pic)" on the avatar choices.

xenovanis

I was waiting to hear if other members of your forum have the same problem?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

JoeyD0831

It would appear that no one can upload an image from their computers anymore.

It seems that attachments aren't working either

YogiBear

If you mean you see a red X instead of the pic this is a bug with RC3. The avatar is there but you need to navigate away from that upload page then back again to see it in the profile. I should appear on the forum just fine.

If not, what theme are you using ie. is it a custom?
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

JoeyD0831

It's a slightly modified version of eotzdzine call of duty theme. It doesn't work on the default SMF theme either.

It used to work fine on the theme. Now everything seems to be broken lol. I just upgraded to 2.0 RC4 but that didn't do anything except delete my old mods.

It would seem like packages won't upload now.

xenovanis

Are there any errors in the errorlog from your server?

JoeyD0831

Nope. It's saying that everything is saving/uploading.

This is the error message I get when trying to upload a mod package

Quotehttp://www.gthclan.com/forums/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;get;sa=upload
You did not select a package to upload.

xenovanis

Could you check if the avatars/packages were uploaded? It might be a permission problem where the ownership of the uploaded files changed during the upload, so SMF doesn't have access to them anymore.

JoeyD0831

I'm fairly certain that it is a permission issue in the server itself. I tried making a brand new forum with a fresh SMF install on the same server and it still wouldn't work so I do not believe it is a problem with the forum.

Yes, I have access to the server via cPanel but there are no time/date stamps on the avatars/attachments currently on the server so I cannot check whether they are uploading or not. I'm really confused why this is happening all of a sudden.

kat

I wonder...

If your host recently upgraded a server, or something, it could be that you don''t have full ownership of the files on your site.

It might be worth asking them.

Advertisement: