News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Top 10 Poster on Index

Started by Biology Forums, November 24, 2010, 05:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

:-[ I hate this; I dun understand why it never works!

IchBin™

Try this file. I added what changes worked for me in this file.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Biology Forums

Good news IchBin™! I see the names of the top 10 posters at the bottom, but they are not in the nice format that you see in the stats page (i.e. in the table with the bars and numbers), here take a look: www.biology-forums.com ... all the way at the bottom.

IchBin™

Well of course it's not. You didn't specify what you want. All you said was that you wanted the top posters. So, if you look at the ssi_examples.php file that is on every SMF forum install www.yourdomain.com/forum_path/ssi_examples.php you'll see it's formatted the way you see now. If you want it formatted differently you'll have to be explicit in what you want. I don't think you're going to get the bars with the ssi_topPoster() function. But you might be able to get post count. Be explicit, and tell us what you want and I'm sure someone can show you how to customize the output of your SSI call to make it look like you want.

Biology Forums

Quote from: IchBin™ on December 04, 2010, 11:33:27 AM
If you still have the include line at the top, and the code at the bottom hasn't changed I don't know what to tell you. It works in my setup even testing it with your file.

Well to be honest IchBin™, I didn't even know there was a difference so I didn't know what to ask - this is all new to me. Could you direct me to some tutorials where I can do the rest myself?

IchBin™

I don't know off the top of my head if there are tutorials for learning how to use/modify SSI. I've just posted something yesterday that could help if you want to take a look. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=411958.msg2872882#msg2872882

Advertisement: