Error converting Yabb 2.2 to SMF 2.0 RC3

Started by omagiko, October 21, 2010, 05:34:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagiko

Hello
I'm doing the conversion YaBB 2.2 to SMF 2.0 RC3 and it stops:

Converting...
Converting personal messages (part 1)... Successful.
Converting boards and categories... Successful.
Converting topics (part 1)...Duplicate entry '1050934603-4' for key 2

Some time ago I want to migrate to SMF. I've tried several times, I have taken several precautions, but I can never complete the process.

Someone can tell me how to skip this error and get to the end of successful conversion?

Thanks

omagiko

After several attempts, many hours of work and research, experiences and help other users in the forums well-intentioned, trying to convert a YaBB forum in smf, I have to conclude that I think is impossible with the tools that are now the date (2 /11/10).

Took a year trying to do and I went through a couple of versions of YaBB to see if any were taken, and another made with smf, the last attempt was YaBB 2.2 to SMF 2.0 RC3.

The converter starts up, a couple of conversions and brakes without turning the post, topics and categories.

The forum is relatively large turn, not that happen with other smaller ones.

The reason for the post is to warn the new user who is making his attempt and has come here looking for a solution to avoid loss of time. Something like that is what I would have liked me to find at the time, or better solution ;)

It would also be good if the solution appears here will communicate to you a reference point and alert.

Meanwhile I leave my "solution":

• I converted what I could, (users) and this is already quite important because you do not have to re-register
  • I'll hand reset categories
  • SMF forum uproot 0, and linkearé the old forum for those who want to refer an issue
  • The old forum as read-only and unable to register new users
  • Patience and continue hoping that if this appears the solution to improving the converter, to the fusion of all

I hope this helps someone

Thanks to those who helped and continue to doing

Nibogo

As I toll you elsewhere, you need to wait, I didn't know about this issue, however I'm finishing my exams, i even went pink, so I won't be able to solve it anytime soon, but that doesn't mean someone else can't do it ;)

omagiko

This stage was overcome, that is why I resolved the issue by

Advertisement: