News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Paid Subscription.php problems

Started by pehon, December 14, 2010, 02:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pehon

Hello,

Visiting the subscriptions.php file gives me this error/

Notice: Undefined index: site_slogan in /home/myzine2/public_html/sg3gwrx/Sources/Subs.php on line 3419
No valid data was sent to the script.

Is it something i shouldn't see?

And has anyone have any experience integrating 2co with the subscriptions script?

Illori

what do you mean visiting the subscriptions.php file? you should not go to that file directly.

IceXaos

Quote from: Illori on December 14, 2010, 06:22:00 AM
what do you mean visiting the subscriptions.php file? you should not go to that file directly.
Just to touch up on this a little bit.  The subscriptions.php file is only visited by Paypal's IPN, you nor anyone else have any reason to visit it.  You access the subscriptions page on the site (which is stored like any other page) by using the action or using the link to it from your profile.

pehon

Quote from: IceXaos on December 14, 2010, 06:32:05 AM
Just to touch up on this a little bit.  The subscriptions.php file is only visited by Paypal's IPN, you nor anyone else have any reason to visit it.  You access the subscriptions page on the site (which is stored like any other page) by using the action or using the link to it from your profile.

hmmm reason is this i'm unable to set up the subscriptions module, hence i tried visiting that page, and found that error message.

infact, when i visit the error log, i see alot of that same error "site_slogan" undefined.

wtfgfrofl

whats the link to your site?

it seems to be an issue with your site's slogan.

pehon

thanks for looking at this

3gwrx.com/forum/subscriptions.php

IceXaos

Quote from: pehon on December 15, 2010, 07:26:33 AM

Repeating myself is something I don't enjoy doing, so you get a quote.

pehon

Quote from: IceXaos on December 15, 2010, 07:34:47 AM

thanks for requoting.

but with this error, even paypal's ipn is unable to make "contact" with my SMF, right?

Hence my question was about how to get this error fixed.

IceXaos

Quote from: pehon on December 15, 2010, 07:38:59 AM
Quote from: IceXaos on December 15, 2010, 07:34:47 AM

thanks for requoting.

but with this error, even paypal's ipn is unable to make "contact" with my SMF, right?

Hence my question was about how to get this error fixed.

It's not meant to be physically visited like that.  You want to access the page to subscribe through $_GET actions, you don't go straight to a PHP page.

Example: http://mysite.com/index.php?action=profile;area=subscriptions;u=2

I'm pretty sure that's the correct action to view the available subscriptions for UID 2.

pehon

understand what you mean.

but visiting http://www.simplemachines.org/community/subscriptions.php

I get a message

"No valid data was sent to the script."

Which i understand cos i'm not a paypal IPN.

vising my subscriptions.php gave me the error message. hence i'm asking if anyone's got any experience fixing this.

IceXaos

Just a notice, not an error.  It really shouldn't affect anything.

IceXaos

If ya really want it gone.

Open
subscriptions.php

Find
<?php

Add after
error_reporting(0);

Advertisement: