News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Anti Spam: KeyCAPTCHA

Started by KeyCAPTCHA, December 14, 2010, 01:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

But trying to install another instance would only cause you bigger issues, as there is no upgrader...

You probably need to emulate a lower version (although, looking at the MOD package, it shouldn't...)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

AllanD

Sounds like he has it installed from and earlier version, so the uninstall isn't showing.
Check out this great sites.
KnD Hosting

glennmckenna

margarett

Try to emulate a lower version, until the "uninstall" link shows up again ;-)

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

glennmckenna

Quote from: margarett on February 28, 2014, 01:16:20 PM
Try to emulate a lower version, until the "uninstall" link shows up again ;-)
i have tried that and it didn't work
so what next in line to try then ?

margarett

Go to your forum root via FTP, folder Packages. There you should find the package for this mod. Download it into your computer, unpack it and find the file "package-info.xml"

The supported versions should be easy to understand there. Check for those. If you are unsure, please attach the file here. Do not attach the package, please.

glennmckenna

Quote from: margarett on February 28, 2014, 04:24:00 PM
Go to your forum root via FTP, folder Packages. There you should find the package for this mod. Download it into your computer, unpack it and find the file "package-info.xml"

The supported versions should be easy to understand there. Check for those. If you are unsure, please attach the file here. Do not attach the package, please.
here you go
i've tried emulating other versions but still no luck

glennmckenna

so whats the verdict
what should i do now ???

margarett

Should work, that's the file from the MOD itself... And I just installed and uninstalled without issues in my test board...

Or... That's the version you uploaded, not the version previously existent (and that you have installed). You should try to get the previous package, the one you installed first.

glennmckenna

Quote from: margarett on March 03, 2014, 05:01:25 AM
Should work, that's the file from the MOD itself... And I just installed and uninstalled without issues in my test board...

Or... That's the version you uploaded, not the version previously existent (and that you have installed). You should try to get the previous package, the one you installed first.
yep that will be it
how could i possibly get a copy of that version cause i stupidly just deleted it

glennmckenna

take that back i've fixed it :D

any way i've now got a new problem the picture should speak for them selves

RichieW13

I have this installed on a SMF 2.0.7 forum.  I've had it installed for about a week.  It appears to be working properly.

I've had 2 spam users register in that time.  (I was getting 1 or 2 spam registrations per week BEFORE I installed this.)

Is there something I may have done wrong that is keeping this from being effective?

margarett

If those are human spammers, there isn't much you can do...

glennmckenna

don't mean to nag but how can i fix this problem (while my site is being hosted locally)
Quote from: glennmckenna on March 03, 2014, 09:03:03 AM

nancygraz

I, too, am having problems with KeyCAPTCHA (version 2.5) on SMF 2.07. We updated from a very old version of SMF (under which we installed KeyCaptcha originally) and have been keeping up with the point updates. Because of the incompatibility issue between KeyCAPTCHA 2.5 and SMF 2.07, we disabled new user registrations a while ago because NO new users is the lesser of two evils. The time has come where we want to turn user registrations back on, but need to fix this problem.

FWIW, we did not use any type of emulator to install KeyCAPTACHA since it was installed under an old version of SMF.

I have read through this thread, and, as has been mentioned earlier, I do not have the "uninstall" option available to me on the Package Manager desktop. Only List Files and Delete.

I have downloaded the package that is on my server and inspected the package-info.xml file - the highest revision level is 2.04. We have 2.07 installed.

I know that someone mentioned emulating an earlier version in order to "Trick" KeyCAPTCHA into displaying the uninstall option. However, when I go to the Customize section of this SMF site, I am not able to find an emulator that is compatible with SMF 2.07. The only emulator I find is Version Emulate and it is only compatible with versions up to SMF 1.1.18.

All I want to do is uninstall KeyCAPTCHA version 2.5 and then do a clean install of version 2.7. Can I just go into the package-info.xml file, edit <uninstall for="2.0 - 2.0.4"> to be <uninstall for="2.0 - 2.0.7">, and "be done with it?" Will that give me the uninstall button?

Please help...  Thanks.

Nancy

mikk

Hi!

How can I use the free version (Free CAPTCHA) ?

After register, I don't see this option.

Thanks!

edit.: Ok, I see, this is the default settings...

I have small problem with the installer, because no "Core theme" for me, but this is don't big problem for me...

WhiteEagle

I'm having problems with the mod. It's not showing up on the registration page in the Writer theme (see attachment). How do I fix this?
I fold for team 52482. Do you Fold@Home?
SMF powered sites: Leet Link LeetSpace.com

KeyCAPTCHA

Quote from: WhiteEagle on November 13, 2014, 12:27:57 PM
I'm having problems with the mod. It's not showing up on the registration page in the Writer theme (see attachment). How do I fix this?
Hi!
Could you open support ticket at keycaptcha.com?
Looks like your theme was not modified on plugin installation
Regards, KeyCAPTCHA Team

WhiteEagle

I fold for team 52482. Do you Fold@Home?
SMF powered sites: Leet Link LeetSpace.com

KeyCAPTCHA

Quote from: WhiteEagle on November 13, 2014, 12:27:57 PM
Solved.
After plugin installation field "Visual verification image to display" in Anti-spam settings should be set to some value except "None"

Advertisement: