News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

CSS stops working when moved to different folder?

Started by ckelly06, December 18, 2010, 04:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckelly06

Hi all,

I'm using the '5th' theme for SMF 2.0 (http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=1724). For some reason, when I move the theme's CSS file into the directory with my other styles, it stops working (some elements display correctly, but a lot of stuff gets fubar). I've modified index.template.php to point to the new css file location, and verified that it has a valid reference to the file.

Any reason why a CSS file wouldn't work with an SMF theme simply because it's been moved?

Thanks,

Chris
Interested in online dating? Check out the DateSphere.com Online Dating Forum!

NanoSector

Yeah because SMF checks each file in a specific way (fixed path).
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

ckelly06

So there's no way to consolidate my SMF styles in with the rest of my styles? That's very annoying. No workarounds at all?
Interested in online dating? Check out the DateSphere.com Online Dating Forum!

NanoSector

Quote from: ckelly06 on December 18, 2010, 04:59:35 PM
So there's no way to consolidate my SMF styles in with the rest of my styles? That's very annoying. No workarounds at all?
There ARE workarounds, but they'll need lots of time and patience.

One of them is to change ALL the paths to the CSS in ALL the php files of the theme.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Deaks

ckelly06, please ignore simple series, if you need help with this still please let us know and we will be bale to provide you with better support.  as you have not replied to this topic since I am marking it as solved.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Baby Daisy

Just change the CSS path in one file, Settings.php.
あなたは私のお尻にキスするとき、私はそれを愛する

NanoSector

Quote from: Baby Moonview Daisy on January 06, 2011, 01:25:02 PM
Just change the CSS path in one file, Settings.php.
$themedir, $sourcedir, and $cachedir are in that only. No path for CSS.

Oh and just ignore Runic. Like he states, he IS an egotistical jerk.

Advertisement: