News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Minor inconsistency in PersonalMessage.Template

Started by Spuds, January 03, 2011, 01:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spuds

2.0 RC4, no mods

The way error messages are handled / displayed varies from template to template and they really should be more consistent in appearance.

In the personal message template they are formed as

// If there were errors for sending the PM, show them.
if (!empty($context['post_error']['messages']))
{
echo '
<div class="errorbox">
<strong>', $txt['error_while_submitting'], '</strong>
<ul>';

foreach ($context['post_error']['messages'] as $error)
echo '
<li class="error">', $error, '</li>';

echo '
</ul>
</div>';
}

So you get bullets next to the error message, the only place I could find that style was in the PM template.  I changed mine to be like the post template error, specifically:

// If there were errors for sending the PM, show them.
if (!empty($context['post_error']['messages']))
{
echo '
<div class="errorbox"', empty($context['post_error']['messages']) ? ' style="display: none"' : '', ' id="errors">
<dl>
<dt>
<strong style="', empty($context['error_type']) || $context['error_type'] != 'serious' ? 'display: none;' : '', '" id="error_serious">', $txt['error_while_submitting'], '</strong>
</dt>
<dt class="error" id="error_list">
', empty($context['post_error']['messages']) ? '' : implode('<br />', $context['post_error']['messages']), '
</dt>
</dl>
</div>';
}

Note for this to work correctly the $context['error_type'] also needs to be set to minor or serious in personalmessage.php, similar to how its done in post.php.

IMO I'd consider changing minor errors to show a notification style error and the serious (ie not is the form fill out) errors to be error style.  For example  I don't think we really need a red background for forgetting to put in a subject, but perhaps a more gentile caution triangle yellow and a you forgot to fill in the subject message.  So basically move form fields to minor and provide a minor css style and show that if there are not serious errors returned.

Baby Daisy

I would assume it was leftovers from the previous SMF 1.1 style...
あなたは私のお尻にキスするとき、私はそれを愛する

emanuele

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Antechinus

Missed this one. Frankly I like the code in the PM template better. It's less messy and does a perfectly good job. Removing bullets is easy.

live627

Yeah add the reset class to the ul and done.

Antechinus

Yup.

ETA: Done.

Advertisement: