News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Please Test This Link!

Started by Uhura!, January 12, 2011, 07:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhura!

Please click the link & tell me if you are taken to an "error" page or if you are taken to an "invitation"

My problem is: People on FB are saying that the link produces an error.

(I posted the link to FB to invite people)

Help!

Thanks

Link: http://ourmomspot.net/community/index.php?page=Invitation
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Illori

the page works fine, but the link to register is incorrect

it should be http://ourmomspot.net/community/index.php?action=register

Uhura!

Thanks.

Any idea why this is happening when I attempt to post the link on my FB page or send it to anyone on FB?
:) Our Parenting Spot is an online parenting community for fathers, mothers, grandparents, teachers, and family service professionals. 8) We also provide low cost advertising options for authors, family service providers, and businesses with family friendly products and services. ;D Visit us @ www.OurParentingSpot.net!

Illori

Uhura!

I'm rebuilding the page. None of the other pages are producing the error.

Uhura!

Damn - it's still happening.

This is serious because it's hampering my FB marketing.

I am hoping someone can help me out here...

Mari-chi

Can you give the link to the FB group (where you posted the link)?

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Quote from: Uhura! on January 12, 2011, 08:13:10 AM
Damn - it's still happening.

This is serious because it's hampering my FB marketing.

I am hoping someone can help me out here...
Try a different address for the now fixed page, just for kicks - I know FB can store it's initial findings on an URL for a long time, so even if it would now work - FB wouldn't know, and wouldn't care - since it already "knows" what the link produces.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Uhura!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Thought so :) Glad to hear though ;)
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: