Forum Firewall

Started by butchs, January 15, 2011, 11:00:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiY4Gi

Quote from: butchs on August 11, 2011, 06:25:54 PM
Other things can cause a url.  I thing your trigger is too low.  Longterm Ban should be really now or never at that setting.

I don't understand what you mean.
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

infoseeker

Thank you very much butchs
This is the BEST&GREATEST mod for every SMF user.

Thanks a lot for securing us from Hackers.

To protect my forum's personal content from robots iam resettins my robots.txt as below. Please tell me if its not better. And suggest me for good robots.txt file.

User-agent: *

Disallow: /smf/index.php?action=activate
Disallow: /smf/index.php?action=admin

Disallow: /administrator/
Disallow: /cache/
Disallow: /components/
Disallow: /editor/
Disallow: /help/
Disallow: /images/
Disallow: /includes/
Disallow: /language/
Disallow: /media/
Disallow: /modules/
Disallow: /templates/
Disallow: /installation/
Disallow: /forum/index.php?action
Disallow: /forum/Themes
Disallow: /forum/Sources
Disallow: /forum/msg
Disallow: /forum/sa=showPosts
Disallow: /forum/prev_next
Disallow: /forum/action=emailuser
Disallow: /forum/action=printpage
Disallow: /forum/action=recent
Disallow: /forum/action=help
Disallow: /forum/action=login
Disallow: /forum/action=profile
Disallow: /forum/action=register
Disallow: /forum/action=search
Disallow: /forum/action=stats
Disallow: /forum/action=unread
Disallow: /forum/action=verificationcode
Disallow: /forum/action=who
Disallow: /forum/Themes/

Thanking you.

butchs

I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

infoseeker

Thanks butchs.

I got it.

All your mods will convert people from others to SMF.

Thanks for giving secured forums.

GOD BLESS YOU.

butchs

I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

MiY4Gi

I increased my trigger back to 0.4. I accidentally DOS'd my own forum.  :D
Check out my new website, MyAnimeClub.net. I plan to create the largest anime community, and most fun and user-friendly anime forum in the world. It's still in the development stage though.

ljunatic

Quote from: stratocaster on July 22, 2011, 02:01:14 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I turnning on de eval, but errors are presented in the same way

http://forum_name/index.php?topic=2514.msg%msg_id%
2: in_array() [<a href='function.in-array'>function.in-array</a>]: Wrong datatype for second argument
File: /home/user_name/public_html/Sources/Security.php
Line: 825

http://forum_name/index.php?topic=2514.msg%msg_id%
2: array_intersect() [<a href='function.array-intersect'>function.array-intersect</a>]: Argument #2 is not an array
File: /home/user_name/public_html/Sources/Security.php
Line: 828

http://forum_name/index.php?topic=2549.0;prev_next=prev
8: Undefined variable: removals
File: /home/user_name/public_html/Sources/Load.php
Line: 934

I reinstalled 1.1.3 without problems, but when I enable the "Enable Testing", I still have the same errors.
when I have version 1.1.1 installed, these errors do not occur.

I do not know what procedures I need to do to solve this.

Thank you.

I am having the same problem , but it happened weeks after the initial install when I went to blocking violations. The errors are not bot hits, but were logged when I logged in, attempted to post. My test account was treated as a guest with no permissions. My admin account was working as usual.

I may try an earlier mod version to see of it functions as it has in the past.

I have a thread on SMF Helper about this that was started while I was trying to fix my forum

butchs

Was your "test account " blociked?  If not, another user or bot could have been on line the same time as you.  The only way you cam confirm is to view your cpanel visitors log the time the error occurred.

As stated earlier the mod does not alter Security.php and that line in Load.php.  Because of this it is hard to believe that the mod generated that error in your error log.  Please give details for your visitor log in cpanel and confirm that your test is repeatable.
???

ljunatic

I will try and confirm the cpanel logs. The error logs were all tied to registered members as I recall

But, I can confirm that removing forum firewall 1.1.3 returned the function of my forum to normal with no errors in the log for the last 24 hours. The mod had been installed since the day SMF sent out notice of the update. I had been using the logging function without blocking violations since that date with no problem. Then,  when I enabled blocking if violations on Friday night and went to bed. Next mornig the error log was 85 pages and no one had posted except for an admin

On my last attempt, installing the mod caused a situation were all registered members other than admins were unable to post, IM, read messages or any other action reserved for registered members. They  were able to log in, but were restricted in access to that of a guest. I attempted the removal and re-installation of forum firewall 1.1.3  twice to confirm

As an admin, no problem was encountered other than a very long list of errors logged eerily similar to the examples I quoted.

The install of the mod was  normal with no errors, and the issues began when I enabled logging of violations or blocking. The problem would then persist until I removed the mod.

I downloaded a copy of the mod version 1.1.1 and installed it. My forum has been working normally with zero error and members are reporting that all their problems have been solved.

I trust that you know more about how this works than any other, and I am not questioning your expertise. Just reporting the issue and hoping to find a solution because I really do want to keep the mod in use

butchs

It is an error log and the forum is functioning correctly.  The errors are from SMF sections that the mod does not edit. I will look at it but honestly errors of that nature are usually due to bugs in SMF.  This is why I assumed bots are hitting it to draw out weakness.  At this stage of SMF's release I doubt the errors are anything but minor.  That being said, I would have to edit SMF code to correct and I really do not wish to debug SMF source.

I see nothing to worry about.
8)

ALOJARIA

how to disable the mod? I cannot go to my website

PlZZZZZ

MiY4Gi

Look in your SMF database for the SMF Settings Table, then find the Firewall_Enable entry. Change the entry from 1 to 0.

cPanel > phpMyAdmin > Your SMF database > smf_settings > forumfirewall_enable > change 1 to 0

ALOJARIA

Quote from: MiY4Gi on August 18, 2011, 09:42:13 PM
Look in your SMF database for the SMF Settings Table, then find the Firewall_Enable entry. Change the entry from 1 to 0.

cPanel > phpMyAdmin > Your SMF database > smf_settings > forumfirewall_enable > change 1 to 0
thanks a million!!!  :)

butchs

spartan1project

Im a newb, what are the recommended setting for this mod?

butchs

This is a question that has been asked before.  Try reading this thread and the built in help.

MiY4Gi

Quote from: butchs on August 26, 2011, 05:26:04 AM
This is a question that has been asked before.  Try reading this thread and the built in help.

You mean "Search" in this thread. It would take a long time to read through the entire thread. People should learn how to use the search function of the forum. It would save them and us lots of time.

WACKI56

Hello all,

I recently installed the firewall feature to my Forum. I had serious issues with it after install, and tried to uninstall. Know I can't log in to my forum, I get a forbidden message. I tried to remove the firewall package from my server...........and I seem to have made things worse. Any help would be appreciated.

Forum is at: http://www.wcgowacki.com/KancerKidz/ [nofollow]

Bill

MiY4Gi

What do you mean you tried to remove the firewall package?

aerolite

Where can I see the firewall option? Im using Rc2 4,

When I click direct to setting something after the installation, I just get directed to Administration Center.

Advertisement: