Tabbed smileys

Started by emanuele, January 15, 2011, 02:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uge

i install this mod but i don´t find the configuration in admin panel. Where are it?

Sorry for my english

Regards

emanuele

There isn't much admin interface, just when you set the position of the smileys into the popup, every row will be treated like a new tab...

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

D.Joe

I have a problem: i've done how the pic says but still there is no tab, nothing is changed.

emanuele

Can you provide an account with "manage smiley" permission?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

nax

I tried the original download and my system said it was not compatible (I am on SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Bright Forest Theme v2.3 by Aaron) I tried the beta and where I think I should be seeing smileys , the tabs appearance box I see this script:

div.tabContent {
         width:100%;
         overflow:auto;
         padding-bottom: 10px;
      }
      div.hide {
         display: none;
      }
      div.tabContent_spacer {
         margin-top: 0.5em;
      }

I have attached a screen shot, any ideas?

emanuele

In the first post there is the explanation of how to use the mod.
That box you see there is just a place where you can easily change/set the appearance of the tabs, even though I should remove it...it's basically useless.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

nax

Thanks I understand it now.  Just found one issue, I have four tabs now buit when I click on the last tab (furthest to the right) That tab and it's contents become right justified, all the others are over to the left of the page.

emanuele

mmm...that's probably an issue with the theme...
AFAIR in Curve the tabs should create a second line if they don't have enough space to stay on a single line.
No idea how to fix it, sorry... :(

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

nax

Oh there is enough space, see the screen shots attached, it only hapens with the last tab.

emanuele

Never seen something like that! lol

Could you provide me a test account?

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

nax

Yes by all means, I will PM you the forum details.

emanuele

In your index.ccs you have:
Code (index.css?fin20 (line 2138)) Select
.buttonlist, .buttonlist_bottom {
    float: right;
    margin-right: 1em;
}

and
Code (index.css?fin20 (line 1577)) Select

.buttonlist, .buttonlist_bottom {
    float: right;
    margin-right: 1em;
}

removing the two "float: right;" the issue should be fixed.

Please note that you also set the width of the tab to 1000%, you should use 100%. ;)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

nax

Thank you so much that seems to have fixed the problem.

nax

One other thing has now arisen, smileys within nested quotes have disappeared. My forum playground is still open to you id you want to try posting and creating nested quotes with me.

emanuele

That doesn't seem to have any connection with my mod, I tried a preview on your site and it seems to work...can you describe better the issue?

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

nax

In nested quotes smiies posted within them seem to disappear for some if not all users, my users tell me they have only noticed it since I out the tabs in place.

emanuele

This mod changes the mere aspect of the posting page, it doesn't interfere in any way with the posting or parsing of the message (AFAIR! :P).

Can you show me a page where the issue is visible and I can play with it?
I posted on your test site and it works fine. I even used the WYSIWYG editor to see if that was the problem but I can still see the smiley in nested quotes...

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

nax

Let us post and repost that message including smilies so that we create a nested quote and see the outcome.

Thanks for your help BTW. ;)

nax

I wonder if there is a conflict with another mod I have installed Align text with Smiley v1.2 as the code for the smilies seems to be eing stripped out of the nested quotes - have a look.

emanuele

Okay, got it: I'd say it's a bug with the wyiwyg editor.
When the smiley contains a ">" (and most likely a "<") the editor fails at convert it to BBCode.
This is true for any kind of smiley in nested quotes or not.
So not a problem with my mod, but with SMF's editor. ;)

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: