News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Problem when switching hosts.

Started by TwitchisMental, January 17, 2011, 12:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwitchisMental

Okay I have been trying to switch my board to a new host.

I finally figured out how get it to atleast show up now.

However the themes is not showing correctly,everything is misplaced,and I am getting a error saying the default theme directory is not right.

I am not sure what else to tell you,but any help would be great.

Suki

Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

TwitchisMental

Illori

in the admin panel -> themes and layout -> theme settings press the attempt to reset all themes button on the bottom of the page. the repair_settings.php file only attempts to fix for the default theme.

TwitchisMental

Quote from: Illori on January 18, 2011, 05:35:34 AM
in the admin panel -> themes and layout -> theme settings press the attempt to reset all themes button on the bottom of the page. the repair_settings.php file only attempts to fix for the default theme.

Is there a way to do this from the cp,because I have a problem with a mod(pretty url) causing me not able to get to the admincp.

tumbleweed

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on January 17, 2011, 02:13:08 PM
Quote from: Miss All Sunday on January 17, 2011, 12:41:11 PM
have you tried repair_settings ?

What is repair_settings.php?

Yes I used repair settings to put the correct db info . 

Did you scan further down with that and click all the path options towards the bottom? That would get you pretty dang close to what you need.
G.C. SOLUTIONS - Hosting Quality Sites Since 2006. Experience Your Forums On A Whole New Level
Elastic Sites Stress Fast CPU/Ram Upgrades- More Info Here.
Reviews By SMF Forum Owners - Read Our Rev

TwitchisMental

Quote from: tumbleweed on January 18, 2011, 10:41:33 AM

Did you scan further down with that and click all the path options towards the bottom? That would get you pretty dang close to what you need.

I just now notice this. It has fixed part of my problem. I now just have a problem with pretty urls,which can be fixed if I remembered the default admin location.

Edit: I fixed my problem,I just ran the upgrade.php script and used the wap/archive version to navigate to setting the default theme. After going back to the default theme everything was fixed :D.

NanoSector

Quote from: NBK*Twitch on January 18, 2011, 10:53:28 AM
Quote from: tumbleweed on January 18, 2011, 10:41:33 AM

I just now notice this. It has fixed part of my problem. I now just have a problem with pretty urls,which can be fixed if I remembered the default admin location.
index.php?action=admin

And for your previous question...yes you can change the theme paths in PHPMyAdmin.
Search for the table smf_themes (or the smf part can be something else) and edit it.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Advertisement: