News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Add More Post Icons

Started by Oldiesmann, October 21, 2004, 09:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgk

I love icons, I'll give it a try. Thanks for the post and explaining.

DVC

Quote from: Oldiesmann on October 21, 2004, 09:29:18 PM
Step 1. Find any icons you want to add (preferably about the same size as the ones already used) and upload them to Themes/themename/images/post for every theme on your board.

I'm trying to add 8 new icons that I have made, as an alternative to having 8 separate low use forums. As too many forums just means we can never remember where a post was made. However, I'm stuck on Step 1. Exactly how do I upload the icons?

p.s. It would be so much easier if we could add icons the same way we add smileys. I don't really get why no one has made this mod after Grudge's one stopped being available.

DVC

Quote from: DVC on April 14, 2011, 07:40:11 PM
Quote from: Oldiesmann on October 21, 2004, 09:29:18 PM
Step 1. Find any icons you want to add (preferably about the same size as the ones already used) and upload them to Themes/themename/images/post for every theme on your board.

I'm trying to add 8 new icons that I have made, as an alternative to having 8 separate low use forums. As too many forums just means we can never remember where a post was made. However, I'm stuck on Step 1. Exactly how do I upload the icons?

p.s. It would be so much easier if we could add icons the same way we add smileys. I don't really get why no one has made this mod after Grudge's one stopped being available.

Ok I've added the icons to the right directory, but now I'm stuck again. I can't find the specified code in Post.php And when I try to add icons through the web menu all I get is an error that they can't be found. But they are in the same directory as the icons that are already there! Please help.

Edit: The error I am getting when I try and add new Icons is "An Error Has Occurred!
The icon image could not be found in the default theme - please ensure the image has been uploaded and try again."

But I've uploaded the image. It's in /Themes/default/images/post

MrNicotine

This is a great link, Abraamz, and I just used it. Great!

But when I try to enter it again, I can't find it in admin?
I'm in Admin->Forum->smiley's and Icons, but I can't find this option.

I now have the link as a favorite in my browser, that works offcourse, but this is not how it should be.
Anyone a tip?

Advertisement: