News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

1.1.12 & Stop Spammer...

Started by dubob4432, January 28, 2011, 06:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubob4432

been using 1.1.12 and stop spammer 2.3.7 for quit some time and all has been working well.  the last couple days, there is no longer a 'check this user' option when you click on a user when in the admin area, there is no text next to the magnifying glass next to the blue, yellow and red icons.

i see there is a 2.3.9 available, does this fix this and do i need to uninstall 2.3.7 before 2.3.9 and also will the info be transferred from 2.3.7 to 2.3.9 for those that have been found on our forum to be spammer?  would like to keep the data and not have to go through the members again as there are nearly 5000...

thanks in advance,
bob

busterone

Recently there was a change at the Stop Forum Spam website. If you do not have your own API key, the mod will not work. Have you obtained your own API key? If not, that would explain your issue. If you have one it may be better to ask Snoopy on the support thread for Stop Spammer.

dubob4432

i could have sworn i had my own key...i just checked the stop spammer website and do have my own api key, now i just can't remember where to add it into the forum...will look around.  thanks in advance

busterone

Admin-members-registration-settings.

dubob4432

thanks.  all the txt that should be in there is gone, but the api key is in there and is correct???

busterone

Have you installed any new mods or upgraded your forum immediately before this started?

dubob4432

none whatsoever.  that is what is weird, the last update was the installation of the stop spammer and it has worked wonders.  i see there is a 2.3.9 and i am @ 2.3.7, would you think that would rectify it?

busterone

If it is a template error specific to this mod, it probably will fix it.

dubob4432

would the fact that 2.3.9 is out possibly have changed where the data is shown on my forum?

busterone

Sorry, I had to leave. No, the templates structure has not changed. There are some source code changes, but that doesn't change the display of the data.

dubob4432

no probs.  interesting, any idea if part of the server that displays the data is down on stop spammer's servers?

busterone

Not that I know of. It is working for me.

snoopy_virtual

Answered here:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=283309.msg2933293#msg2933293

You shouldn't ask questions about a mod outside the proper support topic, as you will always have a lot more possibilities to get an answer there.  ;)

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

dubob4432

thanks snoopy_virtual, i wasn't aware of the other support area.  i will get the 2.3.7 uninstalled and install 2.3.9 :)

Advertisement: