Custom Copyright

Started by hadesflames, January 29, 2011, 02:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motardist

Odd  ???

It works fine on my main site which I upgraded a few hours ago but not on my test site. No worries then, thanks for your input.

Steve

hesaab

Quote from: Motardist on June 14, 2011, 12:29:35 PM
Installed 1.1 with 2.0 Gold and there's no change in the footer when I add the text and save.  :(
and me too
did u solve it?
<a href="http://www.tasavi.ir [nofollow]" rel="no-follow">تالار گفتگوی حسابداری</a>

IDunc

Does this add links directly in the footer? And can I have columns of links with a bold title above each? Does somebody mind posting an image of the mod in action?

hadesflames

All it does is add whatever html you tell it to add. It does not add any content (copyrights or otherwise) of its own, only what you tell it to add. You can add as much as your the varchar MySQL variable (if I'm not mistaken) will permit you to add.

GlitchPC

Nice mod!  Thanks...but...

The only thing stopping me from installing this mod is that the copyright does not appear before the SMF copyright.

I know there's a post in this thread (by Neo_TE) which instructs us on how to modify the Subs.php file in order to accomplish this but, I feel this should be included in the mod.  Manual edits, after the fact, shouldn't be necessary...don't you think?

If I were the developer...and I'm not...I'd rewrite the mod to include this.

I'm sure there are others who feel the same way...

hadesflames

yoyooo

Not working in SMF 2.0 RC5

Got this error
QuoteThe package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

SIMul8rReviews

Is there a way to change to colour of the custom copyright? My forum background colour is off-white.. but yet the text of the custom copyright is white.. so you cant really see it

hadesflames

Quote from: yoyooo on August 07, 2011, 09:30:39 AM
Not working in SMF 2.0 RC5

Got this error
QuoteThe package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

The mod is not compatible with any version of SMF previous to SMF 2.0 final. Please upgrade your forum to the latest version of SMF before installing this mod.

Quote from: SIMul8rReviews on August 07, 2011, 06:38:33 PM
Is there a way to change to colour of the custom copyright? My forum background colour is off-white.. but yet the text of the custom copyright is white.. so you cant really see it

Since you are able to use html in the copyright box, you can do inline styling to change the color. Something like this would probably work

<div style="color: red;">Your Copyright</div>

or if you're using a link then

<a style="color: red;" href="link">Your Copyright</a>

BillLeeDee

I noticed that the mod didn't place the custom copyright before the SMF copyright statement, so when I saw the package being updated today I thought I would simply install it with hopes that it would solve the problem.

Imagine my surprise when I attempted to uninstall it and I got the following:

An Error Has Occurred!
This package cannot be uninstalled, because there is no uninstaller!

Please contact the mod author for more information.

It seemed odd as I downloaded the installed older version of 1.0.2 from the Themes\Default directory and there's the uninstall.php file there. List files in the Admin package manager also shows the file there, too.

Is this a known problem with Custom Copyright? I couldn't find anything describing why the uninstall routine isn't working. This is a 2.0.1 forum that was a clean install as my upgrade from 1.1.1x had issues.

hadesflames

Don't know why, it works just fine on my 2.0.1 forum

krash661

im having a problem with it..the problem is when i uncheck the Display your custom copyright after the SMF copyright? box.it does not show at all.how do i get it above the smf copyright...examples below.

UNCHECKED

CHECKED

krash661

Quote from: krash661 on November 11, 2011, 07:26:14 PM
im having a problem with it..the problem is when i uncheck the Display your custom copyright after the SMF copyright? box.it does not show at all.how do i get it above the smf copyright...examples below.

UNCHECKED

CHECKED

??

krash661

krash661

tMicky

Between this mod and the other 2, exactly named Custom Copyright which is the best to use.

TheListener

Quote from: tMicky on September 11, 2012, 07:39:51 PM
Between this mod and the other 2, exactly named Custom Copyright which is the best to use.

Can you show a link to the other two mods please.

I believe these are the ones?

The top mod is for the custom copyright and the footer links.

The version by Dream Portal is outdated by this mod which is more upto date.

Have a look at the Mod Emulate link in my signature.

tMicky

Quote from: Old Fossil on September 12, 2012, 12:02:23 AM
Quote from: tMicky on September 11, 2012, 07:39:51 PM

Can you show a link to the other two mods please.

I believe these are the ones?

The top mod is for the custom copyright and the footer links.

The version by Dream Portal is outdated by this mod which is more upto date.

Have a look at the Mod Emulate link in my signature.
thank you  :)

ApplianceJunk

Mod had been working fine for me with SMF 2.0.3, but after doing the security update to SMF 2.0.4 it stopped working.

In package manager it still shows it installed and I still have settings for it in Modification settings, but it's not displaying the code at the bottom of the page any more.

When I try to uninstall the mod I get one test failed.

./Sources/ManageSettings.php   Test failed

Edited to add...

Manually check for the mod code in these files and it seems to all be there yet.

./Sources/ManageSettings.php
./Sources/Subs.php
./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php

Made sure I had the boxes check for...

Enable Custom Copyright
Display your custom copyright after the SMF copyright?

and saved...

Not sure why it's not working.

ApplianceJunk

Got it working in SMF 2.0.4

In Sources/Subs.php

I found this...

class="new_win">SMF &copy; 2011

and changed it to this.

class="new_win">SMF &copy; 2013

Advertisement: