News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

A little modification for login fields...

Started by henrik1782, January 31, 2011, 09:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew K.

Escape all "'" with \. Meaning, find all ' and replace with \'.

henrik1782

That actually work...  :)

I will implement this, but hope that Mastard can pack it into a mod and maybe with use of the images.

Thanks Labradoodle.
My favorite mods: Forum Firewall, httBL, MessagePreviewOnHover, BoardHover Mod, VB Style Board Index, Separate Replies and Views Column, Realtime clock by Joker, ENotify, Topic Solved.

Matthew K.

JavaScript is actually more favorable for this situation, in my opinion at least. This can be packaged into a mod if you'd like, although I'd be interested to hear your reasoning for needing it in a package.

henrik1782

Hi Labradoodle...

Yah ... you can be right about the mod, but I just find it easier when ex. upgrading from RC4 to RC5 that i just have to install a mod. But this is a very simple edit so it would be very easy to add.

If I apply the same for password it shows black dots. Are there any way to have password written in that field.

I am still qurios to se if masterd can apply the images in a nice way... :)
My favorite mods: Forum Firewall, httBL, MessagePreviewOnHover, BoardHover Mod, VB Style Board Index, Separate Replies and Views Column, Realtime clock by Joker, ENotify, Topic Solved.

Matthew K.

Meh...it would be possible using some more JavaScript. By changing the TYPE of the field onblur if the value == password. So that if it's the default text, it is a text field so it can be seen, if the value changed, it would stay a password field.

Advertisement: