News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Calendar ical / vcal Support

Started by blar, August 05, 2003, 03:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blar

with ical / vcal support for the Calendar you can add a event with a simple click to your outlook oder mozilla calendar

http://www.imc.org/pdi/

blar

with ical / vcal support for the Calendar you can add a event with a simple click to your outlook oder mozilla calendar

http://www.imc.org/pdi/

sorry for crosspost but other message in wrong category

David

I would love to base the calendar on the iCal/vCal standard.
This space for rent.

silverdragon

[Unknown]

I'm interested in this.

-[Unknown]

Placeman

Sorry about digging this one out of the archive, have you given any thought to making the calendar vCal compatible?  That is, I click on a link in the calendar, it downloads the vCal file, I open it and -bam- it's now in my Outlook calendar.

What do you think?

Kindred

the mod "Jack's Phat Calendar Pack" that I updated for 1.0.x addes ical/vcal (download) support

I will have this mod updated for 1.1 beta X around the end of September...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

shaolin

Is there any news about this vCal/iCal support idea? I'm really excited about the prospect of adding iCal calendars to my SMF calendar if that's possible.

I'm using 1.1 rc3

thanks!
Seek not to follow in the footsteps of the wise;
rather seek what they sought.
--Bassho

Lazybones

This would make the Calendar feature so much more useful. Having a mod is nice, but if the forum feature was based around the format it would be even better. It seems to be an ever going supported format.

headfog

Google Calendar also allows you to add iCal calendars.  It'd be fantastic for enthusiasts that use SMF to add event calendars directly into Google Calendar via iCal.

In case you are wondering where that is (login to Google Calendar).

Manage Calendars > [Calendars: Other Calendars: Add Calendar] > [Public Calendar Address]

NEMINI

Quote from: Kindred on September 05, 2005, 06:53:45 PM
the mod "Jack's Phat Calendar Pack" that I updated for 1.0.x addes ical/vcal (download) support

Looking forward to that, best of luck :)
signatures are boring.

ericgl

I'm new to SMF, and I immediately noticed that I need a feature which will allow my users to simply click a button and send calendar events to their Outlook application (and even another button to their Google Calendar).

So P L E A S E SMF guys, add this feature on the next version!!
In the mean time, is there a mod out there that enables this sort of feature for SMF 1.1 (final, not RC)?

I heard something about Jack's phat calendar, is that it?
Eric The Technician

ChaosEnergy

Quote from: Kindred on September 05, 2005, 06:53:45 PM

still waiting for the update.. :)
Chaos Empire ®

c23_Mike

Hi there!

This genius idea should be integrated in SMF completely!
So long, Mike

http://www.c23.at
c23 - DER Computer Club
~ never play alone ~

burro

My SMF calendar wish list:
(1) iCal (".ics") compatible, so that users can subscribe to any calendar in an ".ics" formatted calendar feed.
(2) Allow admin to specify having
(a) Just one forum-wide calendar
(b) one calendar per category
(c) one calendar per board
(3) A user-customized master calendar, in which a user can specify which calendars to view, and to which a user can subscribe to the single master calendar in order to subscribe to the desired subset of all calendars within that SMF installation.

Advertisement: