Upgraded from RC 1.2 to RC 5 help !

Started by WIZARD87, March 20, 2011, 10:04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WIZARD87

The curve theme is confusing to me.... How do you remove the SMF logo from the header area ? 
Also is the a good tutorial on doing CSS on curve ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Arantor

WIZARD87

Quote from: Arantor on March 20, 2011, 10:15:16 AM
How do I delete the Simple Machines logo on the default SMF theme?

As for 'doing CSS', what exactly are you trying to do?

Thank you ! Trying to change the back round and header colors.... things don't seem to be were they where before.
Also I can no longer get the news to scroll across the page with BBC code.... any ideas why ?

Arantor

Well, no, because the theme is very, very different - and uses a lot more images than before. You should probably check out the Themes/default/images/theme folder.

QuoteAlso I can no longer get the news to scroll across the page with BBC code.... any ideas why ?

The news fader? What browser?

WIZARD87

Quote from: Arantor on March 20, 2011, 10:41:43 AM
Well, no, because the theme is very, very different - and uses a lot more images than before. You should probably check out the Themes/default/images/theme folder.

QuoteAlso I can no longer get the news to scroll across the page with BBC code.... any ideas why ?

The news fader? What browser?

FIREFOX... just shows the code and text?

Arantor

OK, so now I'm confused. Can I get a link to your site so I can see what's going on and what exactly it is that's misbehaving?

(I get the feeling that you put a <marquee> into the news area, is that right?)

WIZARD87

Quote from: Arantor on March 20, 2011, 11:06:08 AM
OK, so now I'm confused. Can I get a link to your site so I can see what's going on and what exactly it is that's misbehaving?

(I get the feeling that you put a <marquee> into the news area, is that right?)

correct this worked in SMF 2.0 RC 1.2 " <MARQUEE BEHAVIOR= SCROLL

</MARQUEE >" so the news will scroll across. Took it down but here is the site http://www.packerhq.com/forum/index.php

Arantor

That's not bbcode, that's raw HTML, which is no loner supported directly for security reasons.

Either use [move]your news here[/move] or [html]<marquee>your news here</marquee>[/html]

WIZARD87

Bingo Thank you !  Working on the logo....a very theme adjustments and I should be in business !

Much thanks !

Advertisement: