manually mod installation help needed

Started by asduskun, March 28, 2011, 08:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asduskun

hi

I want to install mod hide post mod manually but i didn t understand the step below. How can i do that?

Code
add_settings_2.php
This file should not be able to execute standalone. You may have to run the following queries manually.

Query: [Select]

INSERT INTO {db_prefix}settings
VALUES ("modhideShowModName", "0")

it says "You may have to run the following queries manually." what does it mean? and how can i do?

Illori

to run queries manually you need to run them in phpmyadmin. if you have further questions about this mod you should post in their support thread.

CapadY

replace {db_prefix} by the prefix used for your forum and run this query in PHPMyAdmin. Mostly provided at the OP of your host.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

asduskun

Quote from: capady on March 28, 2011, 08:34:14 AM
replace {db_prefix} by the prefix used for your forum and run this query in PHPMyAdmin. Mostly provided at the OP of your host.
how will i know where is that prefix used for my forum? i have no idea that s why i m asking

Illori

most of the time it is smf_ you should be able to view the prefix when you are in phpmyadmin

asduskun

Quote from: capady on March 28, 2011, 08:34:14 AM
ok then where at phpmyadmin exactly we are running queries? and what about the statement "add_settins_2.php", what will i do with that?

Illori

i would suggest for your second question to ask in the support thread for the mod you are trying to install. i believe in phpmyadmin there is a tab labeled query or similar you put the query there.

asduskun

ok thanks then but if there s someone having knowledge about my question please answer here

Illori

most of the people that may know about this mod would be posting in the support thread for it, which is why we recommend you post there for help.

CapadY

Quote from: Illori on March 28, 2011, 08:52:53 AM
i believe in phpmyadmin there is a tab labeled query or similar you put the query there.

Thats right. The tab is labeled SQL.
Open that tab and just copy and paste the query in the editfield, edit the prefix and click on run.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Advertisement: