News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 RC4 Problem

Started by Muky2, March 29, 2011, 02:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muky2

Ok i just registered with a free forum using SMF 2.0 RC4  and i saw you could upload Tinyportal on it so i looked up a video on how to install it and it said look for the "Packages" but i searched all over the place and couldnt find Packages.. Any help please?

Thanks.

Illori

if you are using a preinstalled "free" host for your forum, they have restrictions on what you can and can not do. you will need to contact them about any changes you want to do with your forum, or find another host.

Muky2

Any good SMF 2.0 RC4 free forum hosts that you know of that allows me to use its packages?..

Illori

none that have smf preinstalled, you will need to look in the hosting board and pick a host and install your own forum.

Muky2

Ive already gotten a Domain name but with no webspace or anything like that jsut the url so if i was to get free webspace for like ftp how do i install it all to work.. thats my main problem starting a Clan up but with no skills in website designing.

Illori

take a look at this AFTER you get a host with server space Installing SMF

Muky2

Ok heres a new problem i installed the SMF and its working now but when i upload the package Tinyportal and install it the website gives a Error "SQL logic error or missing database
no such table: smf_tp_settings" And i have no idea how to fix it Any help please.. Thanks.

Advertisement: