News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Not approving members?

Started by NekoJonez, May 05, 2012, 07:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NekoJonez

I have admin approve on and when I go to the new profile... The only thing I see is "approve"... Why isn't there an "unapproved" button there too? It would save you some time... then you don't need to go to the process of deleting the account of rejecting the account in the admin board.
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

emanuele

Hi JonezJeA,

an "unapprove" button would delete the account, isn't it?
If so there is already the entry "delete this account" under the menu "action". ;)

Take a peek at what I'm doing! ;D

Hai bisogno di supporto in Italiano?

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

NekoJonez

Agreed but why calling the button in that case "delete" and not reject like in the admin board?
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Arantor

Because it's one 'delete' function for both approved and unapproved members.

emanuele

Then if the admin panel says "reject" I'd change it to "delete"...

Aiutateci ad aiutarvi: spiegate bene il vostro problema: no, "non funziona" non è una spiegazione!!
1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Storman™

QuoteThen if the admin panel says "reject" I'd change it to "delete"...

Have to agree, the terminology is misleading,

I suspect quite a few people choose "reject" and do not realise that the member gets deleted. It needs to be clearer and maybe say "Reject and Delete" and "Reject, delete, and send mail"

NanoSector

Yes, but it's obvious that if you reject a registration you are "abandoning" it and thus deleting it, isn't it?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

emanuele

Reject I think could also mean that you simply remove the entry from the "approval list" but you keep the account...even if it doesn't make a lot of sense... :P

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

NanoSector

Quote from: emanuele on May 05, 2012, 11:47:14 AM
Reject I think could also mean that you simply remove the entry from the "approval list" but you keep the account...even if it doesn't make a lot of sense... :P
That's much like "Oh I don't want the present but I'll keep it anyway"... :P
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Storman™

QuoteYes, but it's obvious that if you reject a registration you are "abandoning" it and thus deleting it, isn't it?

Well it's certainly something that I need to point out to new Admins because several times they haven't realised the full implication.

QuoteReject I think could also mean that you simply remove the entry from the "approval list" but you keep the account...even if it doesn't make a lot of sense...

Yep thats what they think..

emanuele

"Remove" instead of "Reject" perhaps?...no, it can lead to doubts that too...delete.

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

emanuele

* emanuele should remember about this

1) Cosa fai,
2) cosa ti aspetti,
3) cosa ottieni.

Advertisement: