News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SimpleTwitter

Started by Suki, April 20, 2011, 01:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NiceCarvings

I have tried everything and I can't get simple twitter to post a new thread, except when it's posted by an admin.

Can you help me please?

I'm running SMF 2.02  with Simple Portal

Suki

Open Sources/SimpleTwitter.php  find and remove:

empty($context['SimpleTwitterPerPost']) ||
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

NiceCarvings

Quote from: Suki on July 13, 2012, 10:24:59 AM
Open Sources/SimpleTwitter.php  find and remove:

empty($context['SimpleTwitterPerPost']) ||

Thank you! :)

Do you know how to exclude boards from simple twitter when using pretty url's?

Suki

Disable the mod for a moment, then go to your admin /boards

click on the edit button  and then look at the url, you will see the ID at the end of it.
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

MissyNL

I love this mod! However.. installed it ofcourse needs information about my account. I have tried to add a app, but for some reason i am not able to fix this issue. Is there anybody willing to help me with the following:

Put your twitter consumer key here:

Put your twitter consumer secret here:

Put your oauth token here:

Put your oauth token secret here:

Thank you in advance :D
Sorry for my poor English, but i think it's probably better then your Dutch :)

Suki

You can use another app if you want, multiple sites can use the same app, if you don't mind, you can use my own, I don't really use it.

cmc87

Great mod! Worked flawlessly for me.
Cheers!

Kurogane

Anyone notice if you choose utf8 in SimpleTwitter admin looks a mess? more in IE.

eyesite

SimpleTwitter has worked great for about a year. Now it does not post on my home page as it once did.
The history is that my site went down mysteriously. The host company figured out it had to do with my changing my password. (cpanel forced me to since the original was over a year old). Somehow that made the database not work.
Anyway they fixed that but after the site was working ok again, SimpleTwitter was not working.
I had the idea to uninstall it and replace it with version 1.2 instead of 1.1 but the uninstall says it cannot uninstall.
So, does anyone have any good ideas on how to make it work again?
My site is eyesite dot com. Sorry if that is against a rule to mention.

Sapozhnik

Quote from: mamavrn on May 12, 2012, 02:31:04 PM
Quote from: SpiritL on April 28, 2012, 11:45:53 PM
Hello, Suki. I have a problem with your mod.
SMF 2.0.2
Russian   UTF-8
But posts in Twitter looks like: ? ? ? ? flower ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? http://... (without blanks)
Can you help me?

SpiritL, I solved same problem.

In file Source/SimpleTwitter.php find
$twt_message = utf8_decode($msgOptions['subject']);

and replace

$twt_message = iconv("windows-1251","UTF-8",$msgOptions['subject']);

find

$twitter = $connection->post('statuses/update', array('status' =>utf8_encode($mensaje)));

replace

$twitter = $connection->post('statuses/update', array('status' =>iconv("UTF-8", "windows-1251" ,$mensaje)));
I think I found mistake, but i'm not shure.  :o
We should change UTF-8 and  windows-1251

Сorrectly:
$twt_message = iconv("UTF-8","windows-1251",$msgOptions['subject']);
and
$twitter = $connection->post('statuses/update', array('status' =>iconv("windows-1251", "UTF-8" ,$mensaje)));
When I changed them, I got BIG russian letters "Р, Э, И"

Sapozhnik

Next mistakes ;)

1)  I can publish message to Twitter normally, but My users can't send them.
I found that if in options of number board we write only one number, messages from users don't publish.
I wrote two similar number ("2,2")  and mod works normally

2) Windows with help on option's pages don't show message.

Suki

You should only need to write the numbers:  2,3,4,5, don't include any ' or ".

The help must be outdated by now since twitter changed the way you create apps.

Sapozhnik

Quote from: Suki on November 30, 2012, 03:22:45 PM
You should only need to write the numbers:  2,3,4,5, don't include any ' or ".

The help must be outdated by now since twitter changed the way you create apps.
I wrote without (") or (') - only one digit. I wrote last post not correctly.  :-[
If I write number only one board, the message from any user does not publish in Twitter.

Suki

The board setting is for the board where you do not want to publish topics from, you only need to use that setting if you don't want to publish topics from some board, for example, admin boards.

PLAYBOY

Very nice mod. Works perfectly. Very useful.

My question is when i set my twitter to autopost to my fb page, It posts with a weird mail/arrow icon and it says bit.ly as the title
How can i change the bit.ly and the image posted in fb coming from my twitter?
Image is attached. Thank you for this very nice mod.

Suki

This mod has nothing to do with posting to facebook. If you want to change the image, take a look at the facebook docs, you cannot change anything in this mod to solve that.

PLAYBOY

Quote from: Suki on February 09, 2013, 07:42:02 PM
This mod has nothing to do with posting to facebook. If you want to change the image, take a look at the facebook docs, you cannot change anything in this mod to solve that.

Oh, I thought maybe it was sending some default bit.ly link or like default icon to twitter and twitter was sending it to fb. Ok. Anyways, i ll research about it.

Suki

it will post a bit.ly url if you enable that setting and add your bit.ly credentials, otherwise it will use the regular SMF url

PLAYBOY

I actually found the problem and solved it. Its not about the mod but it would be a nice thing to add to it.
You need to add below code in index.template.php so twitter and facebook will pull this icon for your forum and post.

<meta property="og:image" content="http://site.com/images/Logo.png"/>

This fixed my icon/image issue perfectly. So I thought I shoudl write here for other people too and maybe you would want to add this to the mod also. But I couldnt figure out how to edit the bit.ly link there yet. I know there is a way for that through FB open graph meta tags also.

Suki

Twitter doesn't need that meta tag so no, besides, it breaks validation.

Advertisement: